Never underestimate a Krag!

European Krags
butlersrangers

Never underestimate a Krag!

Post by butlersrangers »

Those amazing Norwegians, 'Sniping Aircraft', offhand!
Attachments
krag fantasy.jpg
krag fantasy.jpg (649.13 KiB) Viewed 10074 times

FredC

Re: Never underestimate a Krag!

Post by FredC »

Hmm. It would be politicly incorrect to shoot down most planes today with the exception of Russian military planes.
So, if this a photo from a past war, a Russian military plane, or just a photo shop creation then it:

STINKING FUNNY! :-) :-)

Is that tape wrapped around a broken stock? If so reminds me of my Winchester model 67.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Fred: The graphic is from some Fantasy Video Game.

The illustrators made up an imaginary sniper rig, using a Norwegian Krag for inspiration.
The tape is probably to improve the texture of the pistol-grip stock, rather than a repair.

With the 'tropical camo', maybe there is a Norwegian controlled South Pacific Island, called Bora Borealis?

The diving or crashing aircraft probably belongs to Norway's tormentor, The Kingdom of Sweden.

(Ironically, many people will likely become 'aware' of the Krag-Jorgensen rifle through virtual reality games & internet blarney, rather than actual use, handling, reading and study).
Last edited by butlersrangers on Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RickM

Post by RickM »

Not being real...still its a cool photo

Doubly Reincarnated

Post by Doubly Reincarnated »

I'm interested in the scope and mounts. The scope looks somewhat like a Fecker, highly unsuitable for any military application. I have a block front mount for a 1903 Springfield (purchased from Unertl Co. about 1968), so it's not all fantasy. The bipod probably does wonders for accuracy.