Restoring a Stomperund

European Krags
Milsurps4life

Restoring a Stomperund

Post by Milsurps4life »

Found a listing near me that has a german marked Stomperund but its been sporterized, is this thing gonna be a bugger to restore? The stomperunds have different wood shape from standard krags and missing bayonet lug.

Ive always wanted one of these german occupation krags but i dont know if i should wait for an intact oneImage

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Re: Restoring a Stomperund

Post by Ned Butts »

It will most likely be a "bugger" to restore. Norwegian parts in general can be hard to find and are often "feast or famine". If the price was not outrageous I would buy it, be patient and see what I could find. The stock is a tough call because, in my mind, if one finds an extremely rare uncut rifle stock then cuts it that would be "sin full". The one you are looking at appears as though it could be stretched but metal pieces could be quite hard to find. It is a roll of the dice for sure.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Attached photo is an example of an 'Occupation' Norwegian Krag.

'Madsenshooter' did a restoration a number of years back.

You can use the KCA Forum 'search' feature and try to find his posts.

It appears the bayonet 'lug' was removed (ground or filed off) from the barrel of the rifle you are considering.Image

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

Nope not mine, I never did get around to cutting that full length stock! Lots of things I don't get around to anymore!

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

'madsenshooter' - I thought you had finished a 'Stomperud' restoration. My mistake.

(I was never implying the one pictured was yours).

GregCandR

Post by GregCandR »

http://www.kragcollectorsassociation.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1565460453/7#7

Does that rifle have a stepped barrel? Hard to see from pic.

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

If you're referring to the one at the link you posted, yes. His step is forward of the upper band. It isn't much of a step. .666" behind it, .637" ahead of it. Now that you've mentioned it, I don't see a step on the barrel of the one the OP posted.

Cat Man

Post by Cat Man »

If you get the rifle, PM for Parts. I have some of the metal you may need.

Jeff

swedelover

Post by swedelover »

I am looking for a full military stomped stock I have a full military m94 stock but I dont realy want to cut 6" off of it I am also looking
for a 30" barrel or barreled receiver to put it in I know that is like looking for a needle in a haystack but I can always hope
swedelover

swedelover

Post by swedelover »

if you look on ebay they have quite a few parts including a front sight wth bayonet lug that was on a m1912 also have sets of stock screws for m94
swedelover