Danish Krag parts?

European Krags
gunnerasch

Danish Krag parts?

Post by gunnerasch »

I recently picked up a Danish Krag basket case and am wanting to get started on making it a shooter again. Its been deTubed..so it will never be restored. Its a 1911. It came out of a shed..near the Pacific Ocean..sigh. Missing the trigger guard, stock screws, sling swivels and a set of sights. At one point someone tried to glass bed it..unsuccessfully as the glass came out of the stock when I removed the action..fell out on the floor actually. Sorry about the bad photos..I can do better if necessary. I have a few minty US Krags and a sporterized Norwegian Krag that Ive hunted extensively with, and would like to get this old beater off the To Be Fixed rack and into the real world again. A set of dies would be nice also along with some brass. She will be shooting cast bullets..bore is decent enough.Image

gunnerasch

Re: Danish Krag parts?

Post by gunnerasch »

cant figure out how to send more than one photo at a time...sorry.Image

Whig

Post by Whig »

Click the little attachment arrow pointed down to give more picture "choose file" windows to the right. Maximum five per post.

resized pics:
ImageImage

gunnerasch

Post by gunnerasch »

Thanks. I was surprised to find that the board software didnt do a "best fit' before posting them. What format size should I pick on this groups? Sorry about the trouble btw.

Whig

Post by Whig »

Try to keep the resolution size below around 600 kb. Might have to play with the picture width and height if it is an issue. Sometimes I just have to do some trial and error. You'll get it quick enough.

No problem. Always welcome new members and new posts. I only know about American Krags but others on here know a lot about Danish and Norwegian Krags. I have one of each of these foreign Krags but have not spent any time learning about them. One of these days I'll do that and you'll be teaching me about what I have!

Whig

Post by Whig »

By the way, where near Balt do you live? I was born and raised in Catonsville and grew up in western Ellicott City near the Glenelg area. Live in Ohio now with much more freedom!

gunnerasch

Post by gunnerasch »

??? I live 30 miles outside of Bakersfield, California..out in the middle of the oil fields/high desert.

I have several Krags, my favorite is a sporterized Norwegian, that I sporterized back in the early 1980s. Back when they were not "Gods Classic Military Arm" (cue heavenly choir music).
The US Krag is one of my favorite cast bullet rifles.

Whig

Post by Whig »

You're right!-???

Stupid me! I was looking at my ID on the left where I still have "Balt Md".

Too early in the morning...

Tom Butts
Site Admin

Post by Tom Butts »

Hey gunnerasch, just wondering if you found the parts you needed, or if you are still looking.

Best,
Tom