Norwegen Krag

European Krags
trevor elliott

Norwegen Krag

Post by trevor elliott »

I just got a ww2 Krag manufactured under german occupation. The stock has been sporterized. I am looking for a replacement stock. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks again
Trevor

TCINALASKA

Re: Norwegen Krag

Post by TCINALASKA »

Good luck. I too am restoring a sporterized Norwegian Krag, a 1912/16 carbine. I gave up trying to find both missing stock parts: forend and long upper handguard. Miraculously, I did find the missing metal pieces; front "band" with bayonet lug, and a middle band, plus many of the screws required and even a cleaning rod tip. I plan to make replacement screws and wood parts myself - a botched job can be replaced with effort #2, #3, etc. It is the metal pieces, of which there were several variations, that I found hard to get.
On the Ross Rifle Forum the buzz is about making replacement front and middle bands for that rifle from scratch or from another rifle part(s), and even hoping that Three-D-Printing will soon offer a more economical way to provide replacement parts than having a machinist grind out one. :)
I wonder if a replacement US Krag stock, which are sometimes available, might be used to replace the Norwegian one? I see they are different somewhat, but with enough BONDO...? ;D

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

http://gunstockduplicating.com/index.html
Mike made a stock and hand guard for me. I believe the new owners still have a pattern

trevor elliott

Post by trevor elliott »

Thanks guys. I'll post some pictures of the Krag later and let me know what I'm exactly missing. I really appreciate all the help.

Thanks again
Trevor

TCINALASKA

Post by TCINALASKA »

If you know exactly which variation you have, of need to check, just pull up as many pictures of that variation as you can on the internet, and you can even take measurements off the examples depicted. Just "Google" Norwegian Krag etc. You will be amused at the variations! :o