Norwegian 1894 Krag Restoration

European Krags
KingsPointer

Norwegian 1894 Krag Restoration

Post by KingsPointer »

Hi everyone,

I recently acquired an 1896-dated Norwegian Krag barreled action at auction (auction house picture attached - https://imgur.com/a/goCA7Q7) and am looking at going down the rabbit hole of restoring it. A bit of research shows that all of the parts can be acquired relatively easily besides the stock, which I knew going in. That being said, does anyone have advice on where to look for an 1894-pattern stock in addition to eBay?

Thanks for your help!

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Re: Norwegian 1894 Krag Restoration

Post by Ned Butts »

That is a tough one. A lot will depend on luck. Be patient and watach all the auction and sale sites. One went last week (I think) on gunbroker. You just need to be in the right place at the right time. I saw that you also posted on Gunboards, there are some Norwegian members over there that might be able to help.
Good luck

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Always remember that Norwegian Krags have a left-hand barrel-shank thread.

Some small Norwegian parts like magazine-gate, side-plate, and cut-off lever show up on ebay.

FredC

Post by FredC »

While you are watching and waiting for individual parts maybe a complete rifle will show up with a bad barrel.

KingsPointer

Post by KingsPointer »

Thanks for the input, everyone! This'll be a fun project to see through, even if it takes a while to come to fruition. In the meantime, if anyone happens to find a stock in the wild or a wrecked long rifle needing a restoration, I'd greatly appreciate a heads up.

V/r,

Rhys