A warning for those of you who hunt deer

Sporterized and unofficial modified Krags
madsenshooter

A warning for those of you who hunt deer

Post by madsenshooter »

Well, I'm not going to do this all again. Here's the warning: http://www.jouster.com/forums/showthread.php?52211-A-warning-for-those-who-hunt-deer-with-their-Krags&p=410304#post410304 Protect yourself! Sticky please?
Default A warning for those who hunt deer with their Krags

Read this on Culver's, thanks for bringing it over here.I copied and pasted to save some time and encourage responses here as well

There has been some helminths discovered in the US that are genetically related to those that cause the disease Onchocerciasis, aka river blindness. In particular, they were discovered in upstate NY. Little is known about them, but the potential for zoonotic transfer to humans is there. I can tell you some of what they do, cause the danged things are in my hands producing microfilaria. They can make your face puffy, your nose bigger and they can effect vision. One of the places they live when they find themselves in something other than their usual host is the meninges. I'm probably not the first case of zoonotic infection with them, but know from experience, the Dr will take a look at your hands, say it's a neuropathy or arthritis and if you argue with him, he'll label you as delusional! Guys, wear gloves when skinning deer! Mark Daiute, you saw the change in my face in a few year's time. Cleaning deer isn't the only way to get them. Their vector isn't known yet, but I would venture to guess about anything that would bite a deer and later bite you is a candidate. Horseflies and deerflies would top the list followed by mosquitoes, fleas, those pesky eye gnats and any other blood sucker. One can't hide from them all and be a hunter. But let me tell you, you don't want to mess with them! I been fighting them for over 4yrs, but I've had them a lot longer than that. Now this will make some of you start researching. You'll run into the standard dribble, don't even try to argue with me about it being something that's only in Africa or some other tropical land, you'll just clutter up the post like one fellow did on castboolits.com. I'll give you the link to the freshest info. As far as what they can do? Well they can blind you, I don't think any of you want to become someone that can only shoot in the direction of a sound. And, they can kill you in time. Once one worm species is in, the door is open, via immune suppression, for any other species of helminth. Each has their own little niche to live in and sometimes when you kill one species, another species becomes overwhelming. I don't think these species are new, been here all along with their vectors. Could be some of what is behind CWD. The microfilaria are only .009" long, and a heck of a lot skinner. Got any open cuts, they'll dive right in there to avoid dessication, about the only way I know to kill them. The adults can seal themselves in dead ends of your lymphatic system and chemicals can't get to them. They go on producing microfilaria, and they can live for years! Microfilaria are relatively easy to kill. Any questions, I'll answer what my limited knowledge and personal experience will allow. For those of you not scientifically inclined, I suggest you skip to the discussion in the research paper. These things tried to kill me, they are my enemies, help to spread the word to any hunting forum you might be a member of. https://melittology.files.wordpress....cfrederick.pdf I'm winning, but it has been a rough battle! Mods, I think this should be a sticky!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. Name: myeye 005.jpg Views: 21 Size: 24.8 KB ID: 30404

reincarnated

Re: A warning for those of you who hunt deer

Post by reincarnated »

Blackflies (Simulidae) are one of the the transmitting insects in Africa. Same genus in the Adirondacks. All it takes is one infected world traveller.

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

That's true, I have worked around some Yemenis, where stuff like what's in me is endemic. But I've had this way before I was around them. My blood type plays a role too, it's B, rare here in the US, but there are much higher levels of the type found where it is endemic. Still, these things have been here all along. It's not as though it's a newly arrived to the US worm, just newly discovered, and if the european deer are any indication, we've not found all one might get from US deer yet. Also worth noting is that these things infect dogs, therefore coyotes may be possible hosts too. You know, those hairless things sometimes seen. They were doing a pretty good job of stripping the hair off mom's dog before he fell dead. Just up to the lump I described, still full haired above.

TCINALASKA

Post by TCINALASKA »

Up in New Hampshire we are worrying about several variations of Lyme disease and West Nile virus. But some of these other, more exotic things are being found as well, and I can't decide whether most of them were around already and we are just discovering that fact, or, new stuff is coming in from abroad and from mutations of everything. It is probably a combination and is worthy of trying one's best to keep current. We are trying numerous ploys to avoid Tick bites but when one latched on to me last June I went to the local USAF hospital and they immediately put me on mega-antibiotics - just in case. Tests for Lyme are several, expensive, and fraught with both negative and positive false results. And no, you don't "develop an immunity" to the Spirochetes for Lyme either. Best advice is to seek the Ticks at every opportunity, remove them before they have had a chance to burrow in for more than a few hours. My hunting and woods-use procedures now involve good lights and several mirrors - always. :(

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

Many tick bitten folks also have the helminths I have, or other species, those that infect rodents which the nymphs feed on. My LLMD makes use of what I can relate to her. Things exotic have been coming into the US for a long time. The depigmentation of elephants ears is similar to the depigmentation seen in humans who have riverblindness, for example. Yet we go with the mantra, they're not here in the US! Baloney!

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

Now who's crazy, me or the Muslim Dr. who said I was crazy? Lord knows, that's all that matters to me!

http://outbreaknewstoday.com/lyme-discovery-borrelia-bacteria-hides-inside-parasitic-worms-causing-chronic-brain-diseases-13216/

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Any chance you still have the parasites in you?

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

There are some in my hands, sealed in the lymph duct that runs from ulna to pinky.

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

Time to add some new information. I find I am not alone, and for four years now, despite folks arguing with me on some forums, I was right! https://durayresearch.wordpress.com/

madsenshooter

Say hello to Hans

Post by madsenshooter »

Here's a link so you can see what's going on in my hands. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jchNmplCCR8

Lots of hunters here in SE Ohio this past season have reportedly found green gooey stuff in their deer, mostly in the legs but scattered throughout the deer. These are the adult nests, they're in there, surrounded by microfilaria. The nests that manage to get out of the legs, concentrate near places the deer can't get to, should air transport for the microfilaria arrive. Here's a pic one girl took. She got some real huckleberry explanations for the green, like: Those are bruises and wounds from where the deer has been fighting!Image