Any Birth Year Firearms?

Other Firearms
Todd Doyka

Re: Any Birth Year Firearms?

Post by Todd Doyka »

my grandfather gave me a 1972 win m94 in 30-30. i shot countless deer with it, also my first buck and doe. it sat in the safe for about 20+/- years until i sent it to JES Reboring and he rebored it to 35/30-30.

mavt

Post by mavt »

Is that gifted from grandfather and birth year? That would be double special!

Whig

Post by Whig »

My oldest brother was born in 1956 and he did a lot of competitive shooting for years. His main competition revolver was a Colt Python. When he was in his twenties, he bought a Colt Python made in his birth year of 1956. They started making Pythons in 1955 and only made 300 in that first year.

So, he landed a low serial number second year Colt Python, six inch barrel, that he shot for near thirty years before he died in 2006 of complications of diabetes.

So, I inherited his 1956 Colt Python serial number 1141. I have shot and collected Pythons since I was a teenager, so, this was a great inheritance!

A couple years after he died, I was looking at older Pythons for sale on Gun Broker, as I had done many times before, and found a guy selling a six inch Colt Python serial number 1139! This was two away from my brother's!! I contacted him and told him what I had and we negotiated a fantastic price on buying that one from him. He was very generous in the sale.

So, now I have a set of early Colt Python six inch blued .357 magnum revolvers almost sequential. It amazes me that these two Pythons were probably in the shop and worked on at the same time almost 70 years ago.

That's my "birth year" firearm story.

Knute1

Post by Knute1 »

Not really a "fire"-arm, but a "gas"-gun. A Crosman "Single Action 6" pellet gun in .22 caliber using CO2. It is a gun my Dad purchased the year I was born, 1959, and the year Crosman started producing them. The Crosman gun of this model was not known to have worked well due to some sealing issues. You might get all six shots off before the CO2 was empty. He was going to use it to shoot gophers (actually, 13 line ground squirrels) in Wisconsin along gravel roads, just for fun. He ended up getting a single shot, more accurate Crosman pellet gun. When I was about 8, it was given to me as a play-gun with a holster. It has the heft of a real Colt and naturally hung low on my hip.

Todd Doyka

Post by Todd Doyka »

Is that gifted from grandfather and birth year? That would be double special!

no, i didn't find the serial # till much later. i was given the rifle at christmas when i was 13. it was barely used until i got it. ::) all the scratches and dents are mine. :)
the serial # and my birthdate are 1972.

craigster

Post by craigster »

My Dad bought a M70 sometime in 1949. It's now mine and it dates to 1948, my borned year.

leadhead

Post by leadhead »

I bought a Remington 1903 from the CMP a few years ago that has my month and year
of birth on the barrel. (7-42) I thought that was pretty cool and I bought It post hast.
Denny