img

butlersrangers

Re: A Kinda Krag

Post by butlersrangers »

Pretty Sweet!ImageImage

Whig

Post by Whig »

Looks mint! Beautiful rifle. When was this one made?

Uncle Mike

Post by Uncle Mike »

Looks mint! Beautiful rifle. When was this one made?

Hi, this is not an original it was made around 2000. In 2003, CDNN had these advertised as a limited edition 500 made (?). I only know because I found the original ad on line. This was unfired with box and papers. I purchased this recently. Looking at the price then and now it didn't go up much, regards, Mike

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

My favorite local gun shop had some at that time, but, they were just in .30-06.

Even with the plastic military style rear-sight, I would have bought one if they had been .30-40.

I hope you're going to shoot that Gem!

Baltimoreed

Post by Baltimoreed »

Nice rifle Mike. One of my next builds will be one of these. Ive got a non military stock Browning pre tang safety donor rifle in .30-06. The NRA originals used a lot of krag parts. The first batch they did were in .30 Gov but the second batch were in 06. Ive got a lot more 06 than krag brass which is why I chose the 06. Gotten away from my custom rifle work to play on a 2002 Tj Wrangler that I just picked up and get over my knee replacement surgery on July1. Image

waterman

Post by waterman »

The good old boys who put the originals on the bench, both the regular 95s, and especially the NRA models, said they would not hold a zero worth a hoot. But they sure look neat.

FredC

Post by FredC »

Sorry to hear such a nice looking rifle would not hold zero. Any clues as to what is the problem?
The distance from the top of the receiver to the bottom would suggest rigidity there, even if the connection from the barrel to the receiver was weak both sights on the barrel should make things better.
That leaves me with the guess the forearm is bending the barrel with humidity changes.

Uncle Mike

Post by Uncle Mike »

The good old boys who put the originals on the bench, both the regular 95s, and especially the NRA models, said they would not hold a zero worth a hoot. But they sure look neat.

Hi, happy to report mine is very accurate. I never heard this information on TeddyRoosevelts favorite rifle, Mike

HeyJoe

Post by HeyJoe »

I also picked up a Japanese red hair stepchild new Win 95 in 30-40 and it holds zero just fine. Prefers soft primers though. Rear sight isn't plastic and will attract a magnet. Lots of fun.