Python fun

Other Firearms
Whig

Python fun

Post by Whig »

I have shot and enjoyed Colt Pythons since I was a teenager. (Less expensive then too.)

This is a neat shot of me shooting a 4 inch Python with some super magnums I loaded up just for fun.

I was shooting some real hot .357 Magnums loaded up with 17.0 grains of 2400 powder with a 125 grain JHP bullet. I was having my son shoot it to learn how to ride out the recoil. Boy did it kick!

Big Balls Of Fire!!

butlersrangers

Re: Python fun

Post by butlersrangers »

Flame Thrower!

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Holy Ned! They're going to burn to death from the flame.
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

carbon outlaw

Post by carbon outlaw »

big time gun .. I want one ... Anyway let me know if you need some scope rings ...ImageImageImage

Whig

Post by Whig »

I have an old set of low profile rings on an 8 inch Python that I put on when I was in high school. They loop around the barrel through two of the vent slots of the barrel. Work wonderfully and I've never had any trouble with them even with lots of magnum shooting.

Your set looks nice but I think they'd be somewhat higher than I'm used to.

Great revolvers to shoot and look at. Classic.

Thanks.

carbon outlaw

Post by carbon outlaw »

im also a bib fan of Colt 357 magnum ...ImageImageImageImage

Whig

Post by Whig »

I have a Trooper Mark III in nickel plate that has a wonderful hammer pull and trigger. I've always loved this one that I used to shoot a lot when I was in high school. As strong as the Python. Yours predates my Mark III, I think. Nice firearms!

carbon outlaw

Post by carbon outlaw »

gee you see the asking price for a colt python .. they were always big bucks ... the troopers are expensive also .. mine was made in 1966 ... the trooper mark 3 are big bucks also ... the old Colts are so very well made im happy i held onto mine ... the Colt SP-1 I posted I bought that in 1979 for 400.00 dollars that was a lot of money for a rifle back then but im happy I held onto that there also big bucks in today's market ...

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

I use to have a prejudice that favored Colt revolvers.

In time, I went over to the 'Dark Side'.

I just shoot better with a S&W and S&W's .357 cartridge, (with due thanks to the late pioneers, Elmer Keith and Philip Sharpe)!Image

Whig

Post by Whig »

Traitor!