non-Colt & non-G.I. 1911's

Other Firearms
Baltimoreed

Re: non-Colt & non-G.I. 1911's

Post by Baltimoreed »

Heres my take on a knockoff 1911 [not an A1]. The top is a real Colt 1911 slide with the small sights and HS stamped bbl. The 1970ish Essex frame has all gi parts- wide checkered hammer, checkered thumb safety and slide lock, short spur grip safety, long steel trigger, smooth lanyard ring mainspring hsg. And then I distressed the whole thing. Runs great. Ive never got bit but those sights are small.
Also forgot, the double diamond grips were new but also got distressed.ImageImage

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

'Baltimoreed' - Looking Good! - (Your G.I. clone).

Regarding Projectiles:

Graf & Sons has quite a selection of 'coated' and 'plated' (lead) pistol and rifle bullets. Makers are Acme, Berry's, and Missouri Bullet Company and bulk prices seem reasonable.

I wonder if any of these coated or plated .30 caliber rifle bullets have been tried by KCA members?

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

I have a few 110gr RN loaded for my Remington model 14 in 30Rem. Haven't done any real shooting with them though. They were slow loads, just for plinking, loaded with a powder similar to Blue Dot in burn rate, around 16gr of it. Their website says 1750fps tops for the bullet. They did function well in one rapid fire experiment. I like working that old pump!