M1895 Winchester Musket

Other Firearms
psteinmayer

Re: M1895 Winchester Musket

Post by psteinmayer »

Sssssh..... (man in black, 5th from the right, I think it's Dick Hosmer?).

Hmmmm Hiding in plain sight; Quite clever, those Hosmers!

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

And long livers, too!

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

I don't know. Those guys in the photo all look like they have the same sized livers. Maybe it is the lighting.
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

'Fedora Blacky', (aka. Dick Hosmer), is holding a Krag carbine. It's during his service as an Arizona Ranger 'strike breaker'.

Dick's been around the block a few times!

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

We should all be so lucky!

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Alright. Time to get this thread back on track. I picked up the new cam lever and it is stamped with an A. So far so good. Tore the rifle and found the two matched almost perfectly. Then I put on the mad scientist glasses could barely make out an A on the original. Grrrrrrr. >:( Then I nearly lost the cam lever pin. Arrrrgh! :(

All is not lost. The new lever has better contact points and I guess I'll use it.

I am still in the hunt for an A marked carrier. If I can find that in the next few months I will just have to build up the tip of the cam lever to get the height I need for the last two rounds.

Oh the joy of guns. :P
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Yes... the joy!!! I'm aging exponentially just reading about it!

Oh, and I was going to make the "Size of the liver" remark too... but I held off. Of course I should have known you would point it out anyway. :D

But seriously, back to the '95 - With the new lever's better contact, does it now work? If they are both marked "A", then maybe the problem lies elsewhere... but I'm just speculationizing!

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Put a FORD part on that Winchester! Everything works better with a FORD part.

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Yes... the joy!!! I'm aging exponentially just reading about it!

Oh, and I was going to make the "Size of the liver" remark too... but I held off. Of course I should have known you would point it out anyway. :D

But seriously, back to the '95 - With the new lever's better contact, does it now work? If they are both marked "A", then maybe the problem lies elsewhere... but I'm just speculationizing!

The improved contact point is only a few thousandths. Kinda like one is worn a tad more than the other. So I put the other in place. Still need to find the correct carrier. Of course there could be another problem after that too. The knee is connected to the leg bone...blah blah blah type of thing.

I even signed on the Winchester Arms Collecters Association forum and asked the question and while it could be too soon for a reply all I have gotten is the sound of crickets

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

all I have gotten is the sound of crickets

Minus Buddy Holly of course!