The Devil's Luger??

Other Firearms
Jeremy T Garner

The Devil's Luger??

Post by Jeremy T Garner »

I was made an offer I couldn't refuse recently. I probably devote to much time to this hobby but oh well. Thought some of you fellas might appreciate seeing this. Two of my most recent acquisitions were a 1943 Underwood M1 carbine and this rather unique Polizei issue Double date Luger from the old Weimar Republic days. This pistol was the 4th issued to Potsdam district of Prussia. The headline reads the way it does because as you can see from the photo the serial number is quite intriguing (6666) :). Both came out of the same collection that I was generously offered first chance at.ImageImageImageImageImage

psteinmayer

Re: The Devil's Luger??

Post by psteinmayer »

Do you need an heir? I'd be willing to let you adopt me... LOL Pretty awesome!

Jeremy T Garner

Do you need an heir? I'd be willing to let you adopt me... LOL Pretty awesome!

Hahaha, thanks Paul!

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Lots of us enjoy a wide assortment of firearms. I shoot a Luger and my M1 Carbine, from time to time. My sons like these firearms far more than my Krags.

Pretty funny about your #6666.

I think I once owned "Damian's Luger". It would consistently land ejected cartridge cases on the top of my head! I felt like I needed to wear a helmet and blamed it for my 'baldness'. I sold that Possessed Demon, but, could not resist getting another. (The Devil made me do it).

Jeremy T Garner

The serial number was just too cool to pass up! I totally understand you being drawn back to one. This is actually the first Luger I have owned, but have always wanted one. I had passed on a few "American Eagle" Lugers over the years and regretted it so I didn't hesitate on this one.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

IMHO - Some handguns are so Iconic, you simply have to own and shoot one, or its clone (i.e. - Colt S.A.A., model 1911 Colt, and P08 Luger).

My Luger is a very common 1917 'Erfurt'. Kind of at the bottom in terms of Luger values, but, it is in very good condition.

I don't have reservations about shooting it and think it's pretty cool, being a WW1 pistol without Nazi markings.

Jeremy T Garner

I totally agree about certain pieces being an absolute must to either shoot or own. I really like the WWI pistols. I enjoy studying that time period and collecting from it.

reincarnated

Post by reincarnated »

My Luger is one of the last made, a Luftwaffe issue in 1941. It comes with a story. The guy who brought it home was a side gunner on the early B-24s. He went on both Ploesti raids. Between bombing raids, life was a bit boring. He went for a long walk in the Libyan desert and came on an abandoned Ju-87 Stuka. With not much else of interest around, he climbed into the gunner's seat. He opened a little metal door and there was the Luger, wrapped in a shop rag.