Intro - New guy

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Nickjc

Intro - New guy

Post by Nickjc »

Hi !

Just a note to say hello - new US Krag owner - and fell in love with it for some odd reason.. :)

Had a range afternoon Sunday and had it out with 17grains of 2400, under a gas checked 175grain Cast bullet -

When all the fancy schmancy AR guys with the optics seem to not be able to hit anything and this rings steel 52/60 shots fired offhand - you just have to smile and say priceless...

I have bought and sold many rilfes over the years - this one will *have* to be passed down... :)

butlersrangers

Re: Intro - New guy

Post by butlersrangers »

'Nickjc' - Welcome to the KCA Forum!

Whig

Post by Whig »

Nick,

Welcome to KCA.

We would really like to see pictures of your Krag treasures if you get a chance to post some.

Thanks for sharing your range fun! One of these days, I'll be finished work at home and will be able to get back to the range myself. Until then, I'll live vicariously through others!

Baltimoreed

Post by Baltimoreed »

Welcome to the club Nick. They are indeed a joy to shoot and very lovable. But without pictures it didnt happen.

Nickjc

Post by Nickjc »

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

Whig

Post by Whig »

Nice pictures. You have a wonderful looking Krag rifle.

If you can keep the pictures a little smaller, they are easier to view. Your Krag contrasts well against the Khaki foot locker. Thanks for sharing.

I have resized your pictures for our viewing pleasure:

ImageImageImageImageImage

Whig

Post by Whig »

Two more of your pictures resized:

ImageImage

Nickjc

Post by Nickjc »

Image size - my bad - IMUGR....grrr..

Thanks...

There is a slight remnant of the cartouche - I wonder what it is... :)

Might try to take the pics of the cartouches on the site here and try to overlay them to see what it might be ;)

Baltimoreed

Post by Baltimoreed »

Since cartouches are stampings and 3 dimensional depending on the amount of stock wear, wood, stamp and the strike try playing your light source from the sides to see if that helps to make it more visible. Good luck.

Matty2694

Post by Matty2694 »

Nice looking krag , i also have one i believe is a real Carbine but i am not really sure ,its a 1889 22inch barrel, stock seems to be original. With bitt plate with cleaning kit hole , would love to learn more , like i said i dont know alot about these rifles