Best Gun Show in Colorado - The Collectors' Show in May

For poking fun and off topic subjects
allegro

Best Gun Show in Colorado - The Collectors' Show in May

Post by allegro »

May 2023 - The Colorado Gun Collectors' Association's annual show is a real gun show, one with guns.

what's good about this show is that all of the 1000 or so tables here contain guns or gun-related stuff, only. No jewelry or clothes or food or tools or coins. Or art, unless it's collectible art related to American history or by native Americans.

NO black guns. The show rules state that "if you can buy it at the average sporting goods store today - don't bring it!"

This show is not about selling tables - they sell out- it's about keeping alive the tradition of selling guns face-to-face. Colorado laws are generous regarding face-to-face sales of curio-relic guns. Internet gun selling is a curse. We deserve better and get it here. It's the only gun show worth attending in this state all year. The other Colorado shows are shameless flea-markets.

The location is Greeley, Colorado (which is not in the mountains) where hotels are cheap and the politics are pro-gun.

Here's a link to the show's website: https://cgca.com/

The following link gives you a multi-state gun show calendar: https://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/page/2/
Last edited by allegro on Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.

psteinmayer

Re: ? Coming to the BIG Gun Show in Denver in May?

Post by psteinmayer »

I'd love to go with ya... but I'm thinking the driving distance would be a bit much! (I'm in the mitten state).

We had the Michigan Antique Arms Collectors show here this weekend. Lots of Krags, including several carbines were there available for sale (wish I had the money to walk away with a few). A few of my local buddies (including Butlersrangers) had a table there, and as always, it was great to catch up!

allegro

Post by allegro »

Last edited by allegro on Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

olderthansome

Post by olderthansome »

I would like to come to Denver, and may even try, but it is a long trip. Is there any way the forum could post upcoming gun shows, maybe by state? If we knew that some of our members were taking tables at shows, it would give encouragement to make the effort to get off our butts. I have been thinking about the Michigan Arms Collector show recently and would like to see it some day. When is the next?

allegro

Post by allegro »

The Colorado Gun Collectors' Association's annual show:

https://cgca.com/

Gun shows everywhere listed here on this handy website:

https://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/page/2/
Last edited by allegro on Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Michigan Antique Arms Collectors usually has a few each year. Butlersrangers can probably tell you when the next one is. They're usually at the Suburban Showplace on Grand River in Novi.

Added: I just looked it up and they're listed for September 28th and 29th.

olderthansome

Post by olderthansome »

Thank you to Paul and milgunsguy. The links help a lot. I've already seen a couple of dates to set aside.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Some comments on the Michigan Antique Arms Collectors shows:

Next 2019 dates - September 28th &29th and November 30th & December 1st. (Suburban Showplace, Novi, Michigan).

If you google search, "Michigan Antique Arms Collectors", you will find various 'Search Results', that will give dates, times, information, and fees.

I am a member of the MAAC and have been for many years. I occasionally get a table and have done well 'culling' things out of my accumulation. I usually enjoy myself, and often find something of interest to buy. (Usually parts, literature, or accessories).

This may sound disloyal. The show is only 40 minutes from my house. If it was two hours or more away, I likely would not bother going. I certainly would not get a table.

The Suburban Showplace gives the MAAC generally crappy dates, charges non-members for parking, and is just a so, so, facility.

Gun Shows and the MAAC are not what they use to be. Most of the vendors are chronic attendees, who display the same over-priced stuff, show after show. Dues has gotten to be $50 a year and Table Fees are going up to $75/members and $100/non-members. Public attendance is low. The attendees are generally elderly.

'Vultures' work the show, while 'Set Up' is going on, and snatch up likely bargains.

The MAAC has long billed itself as: "The Quality Show of the Midwest". A nice aspect and old tradition of the Club are free tables to members putting up part of their collection in a Themed Display, (no sales). These are usually very educational, interesting and worth seeing.

I'm not trying to beat up the old MAAC and its Show. I would just feel guilty having a KCA friend come from far away, expecting it to be more than it is.

BTW - This past weekend, I sold three guns, (only one of which was collectable), and a bunch of non-Krag small stuff. I picked up a nice Swedish Mauser, three boxes of .30-40 factory ammo, and a bargain pair of Leitz Binoculars.
It was a good show for me, but, I'm a scrounger!

allegro

Re: Best Gun Show in Colorado - The Collectors' Show in May

Post by allegro »

May 2023 - The Colorado Gun Collectors' Association's annual show is a real gun show, one with guns.

what's good about this show is that all of the 1000 or so tables here contain guns or gun-related stuff, only. No jewelry or clothes or food or tools or coins. Or art, unless it's collectible art related to American history or by native Americans.

NO black guns. The show rules state that "if you can buy it at the average sporting goods store today - don't bring it!"

This show is not about selling tables - they sell out- it's about keeping alive the tradition of selling guns face-to-face. Colorado laws are generous regarding face-to-face sales of curio-relic guns. Internet gun selling is a curse. We deserve better and get it here. It's the only gun show worth attending in this state all year. The other Colorado shows are shameless flea-markets.

The location is Greeley, Colorado (which is not in the mountains) where hotels are cheap and the politics are pro-gun.

Gun Show – https://cgca.com/gun-show/