Opinions About Auctions

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Whig

Re: Opinions About Auctions

Post by Whig »

KC- I've missed messages I've had for months before. I just am not in the habit of looking at the new message notification up top. I guess it would help if it would flash a bright light or something if a message has been sent!

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Whig - couldn't possibly agree with you more. I hate the "in house" messaging systems, no matter whose board it is on. I want all my correspondence in ONE spot - that is what an email address is for!

King carp

Post by King carp »

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Human Differences - I don't know 'why', but, the little 'message alert' at the top of the KCA page readily catches my eye. (... and believe me, I am a technology Returd)! It is nice to have some control and privacy with your email address.

In regard to 'active auctions' - I really enjoyed threads started by Whig and Rcat on the Frederick Grant Krag and Charles Burch items (on ebay).

These were active events when posted. I would have totally missed rather interesting stories. I enjoyed being made aware of the events. (I did unsuccessfully bid on Charles Burch letters).

IMHO - Posting about 'Auctions' is tricky and a judgement call. I really can't make a hard fast rule.ImageImage

Rcat7147

Post by Rcat7147 »

To add an extra wrinkle to the Charles Burch auction story, I bid on those items in the original estate auction. Unsuccessfully. After I was done bidding and ran across them on eBay, I decided to share.
A bit self serving? Maybe. But it was interesting information I felt was important to share.

I can tell you, I dont like seeing things sell again after I lost out on them the first time.
I definitely should have bid higher in the original auction. Oh well.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

That was a wonderful collection of items belonging to one individual. Too bad it was broken up and parted out.

It would have been a wonderful collection to stay in a family or be in a museum.

I kept pictures of the ebay items and did a bit of research on Charles Burch. I intend to post a small biography on the KCA forum sometime.

Local Boy

Post by Local Boy »

Since the auction ended today I thought I'd share some of the Krag items offered for bidding:

https://www.cowanauctions.com/lot/model-1899-springfield-krag-phillippine-constabulary-carbine-4013652

https://www.cowanauctions.com/lot/us-model-1898-springfield-krag-22-caliber-gallery-practice-rifle-4013644

https://www.cowanauctions.com/lot/model-1898-springfield-krag-rifle-with-parkhurst-clip-attachment-4013640

https://www.cowanauctions.com/lot/rare-early-1st-model-1892-krag-springfield-rifle-4013386

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Did you buy them Local Boy?

You got quite the four gun collection for just under $10K!

Good thing I didn't bid them up on you.

Local Boy

Post by Local Boy »

Oh noooo BR...momma would have a cow...actually she'd have a whole herd of cows.

Guess I wouldn't have to worry about beef during this pandemic meat shortage!

I did give some thought about purchasing the Parkhurst Krag, but unfortunately I was at work processing covid-19 specimens.

You shouldn't worry about bidding ME up...Whig is probably the one who won all the Krag rifles up for auction!!!

Whig

Post by Whig »

Nice try but I didn't even watch this auction!

I've been busy at work and getting my garden ready for planting.

I am anxious to get back out to the range, though, and do some blasting with my Krag!