Educating Steinmayer

For poking fun and off topic subjects
reincarnated

Re: Educating Steinmayer

Post by reincarnated »

A sprint to the 200 yard line would probably prove fatal to many of us. Just have the coronary unit stand by.

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

I'm sure it would prove fatal to me too... I'd have to jump over the target pits... well, let's call them slit trenches. Then, another 1000 yards to Lake Erie, after which I'd have to swim. Guys, I'm best at the side or breast stroke... not too fast when trying to avoid the hundreds of soldiers and federal agents that will almost certainly be chasing the "Crazy Sailor" who went nuts and attacked a row of paper and cardboard targets with a 117 year old rifle and bayonet!

Think I'll stick to shooting the targets from 200 yards instead! Bob Wolfe (Madsenshooter) will help me fend off the advancement of the target line...

1911Ron

Post by 1911Ron »

Bully! ;D ;D
I'm sure it would prove fatal to me too... I'd have to jump over the target pits... well, let's call them slit trenches. Then, another 1000 yards to Lake Erie, after which I'd have to swim. Guys, I'm best at the side or breast stroke... not too fast when trying to avoid the hundreds of soldiers and federal agents that will almost certainly be chasing the "Crazy Sailor" who went nuts and attacked a row of paper and cardboard targets with a 117 year old rifle and bayonet!

Think I'll stick to shooting the targets from 200 yards instead! Bob Wolfe (Madsenshooter) will help me fend off the advancement of the target line...

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Well, Camp Perry was a success. I held my ground and fended off those advancing enemy targets with glory and valor!

We had a great time. Although I didn't score as highly as I would have liked (no where near in medal contention), I still had a great time and met some wonderful fellow Krag (and other rifle) shooters, including two all the way from Ireland shooting an Enfield. Can't wait until next year.

Here's a couple of me in Off-Hand with my 1898:

ImageImage

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Paul: You look svete. Better have your 'cracker jack suit' taken in for next year!