What is up?

For poking fun and off topic subjects
butlersrangers

What is up?

Post by butlersrangers »

It is not unusual to view the KCA Forum and notice that 50 plus people are on the site, but, only two or three are 'registered members'.

What is going on? Robots, Spammers, Trolls, Forgers, Government Surveillance, Antifa Goons, Foreign Spies stealing old technology .... ?

If you are a bashful newbie or a member, who is having trouble getting on the 'remodeled site', please join or reach out on another forum (if you need assistance re-registering).

We are pretty nice people, who like to share and learn new stuff.
Attachments
cops n donuts.jpg
cops n donuts.jpg (169.44 KiB) Viewed 1802 times

Knute1

Re: What is up?

Post by Knute1 »

I think part of the answer is members are getting on the website, but not logging on. I'll raise my hand on that one. You can view all the posts without logging on and still see the photos and links. Never used to be that way, not saying either way is wrong. I view this website everyday, but have not posted as much in the last few weeks. Of course I had to log on to reply to this topic. Just call me lazy.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Bad Knute ..... No re-baked donuts for you!

FredC

Post by FredC »

I think a lot of people do internet searches and find one thread with info and are satisfied with the answer. That thread I started about 35 Krag loads has 15,000+ views. We did not view it that many times. I would guess 80% of the views are from casual readers. There are quite a few threads like that with large numbers of views. People clicked through and found or did not find the answer they were looking for then went on their way.

Mike4MSU

Post by Mike4MSU »

I’m a registered member and noticed I’ve often been logged out even though I check the box to stay logged in. I sometimes wonder why there are no new post in days only to realize I’ve been logged out and need to log back in. I know the traffic has also gone down considerably since the website came back online after a difficult upgrade.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Their loss ..... no re-fried donuts for them, either!
Attachments
Donuts SAW.jpg
Donuts SAW.jpg (138.54 KiB) Viewed 1772 times

Knute1

Post by Knute1 »

Will login for donuts. :P

I did a search for "Krag Jorgensen donuts" and got this first hit on a book titled "The Detroit Light Guard".

https://www.google.com/books/edition/Th ... frontcover

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Good read, Knute! Tigers, Baseball, and Donuts, too!

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

I used have the laptop on the dining table in the villa before planned epidemic. Then the local dod people (hint: they have big boats) forced all contractors onto the camp in late april. Well my laptop was a neutered used one without wifi so that kept me off of here. Then the site was down. I picked a new phone when all that was happening. I am not a phone guy. I am using the one thumb typing system to create this note. I hate phones. Screens are too small.

So given all that i just fell out of the habit of coming here on a daily basis. Plus as i said before, i am not big on the new look.
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

RicKrager

Post by RicKrager »

Okay, you got me there. I am now logged in. I agree, sometimes you just want to see “what is up” on the site. I do have an old photo I wanted to post, just not this minute. I also recall people being interested in old 30-40 ammo boxes (cardboard) and perhaps I should post a photo or two of the ones I have, including military blanks. I might even share a few.

Meanwhile, my some what recent acquisition 1896 semi-sporter awaits a sight mis-match adjustment. It has the old military back sight (with windage adjustment) and a banded front sight base with a screw fastened, dove-tailed blade holder with a pinned blade. Repeated attempts to measure correctly have indicated the excess sight height in front makes it shoot waaayy low. At least it isn't me or my loads. Now, I will get around to pulling the metal from the wood and take a few more measurements before pronouncing the disparity between the two sights.

With the back sight pushed all the way forward, then jus a bit further to get on top of the rail, it might just line up for 100-yard ranges. The front blade could be cut down but reviewing my measurements it would be just a slight stub of its former self. This begs the question, “Are there other options for my submarine- shooter?”

By the way, BR’s 110gr. Load is fun to shoot, single shot. As reported, LOA is not happy from the magazine.

I know we are not pleased with recent developments. OR Gov is going full-tyrant against the taxpaying working productive parts of the state. I took an oath when I went to the military and that, same as my Pledge of Allegiance beginning in grade school, remains active and real.