Where are pictures from the old format?

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Whig

Where are pictures from the old format?

Post by Whig »

Are pictures from the old format still accessible? Where and how?

I still can't easily find old posts and pictures from some old posts I have searched aren't there anymore. It has been a loss because I put a ton of time and effort creating some posts with pictures and labels for helping me and others understand Krags better. This is how I learned about Krags in the first place, with a lot of help from KCA members.

I don't like the new changes and this is one of the reasons I don't use KCA much anymore. It's not very friendly to use. The old format was much better.

For example, in my posts about Joe Farmer's revelation on my Krag Philippine Constabulary rifle, I make references to two previous KCA links that have lots of pictures of my Krag and neither of the links work anymore. It takes you to a page that says the KCA forum is in maintenance mode. I have referred a few people previously to this post to read the info and see the pictures but the pictures don't work anymore.

I have brought this question up before but never got a response.

http://kragcollectorsassociation.org/kc ... f=9&t=4053

http://www.kragcollectorsassociation.or ... 681275/0#0

Anyone?

Can the old posts be made to work like they used to? Or is all of this info, research work and pictures gone?

FredC

Re: Where are pictures from the old format?

Post by FredC »

Whig,
I just looked at the old thread and did not see any of the photos you posted. I assume they were of a different format or something that is no longer supported. My photos in older posts seem to be all there, not sure how to even check that. The old links you may have end in .org and are no longer on the internet. Everything today ends in .com.
If you no longer have the photos available to you someone either the Butts or Josh has the old site in a back up somewhere. Searching for all the missed items and changing all the individual photos over maybe too much, but maybe a few special items can be reworked?
I can find some old threads with the search function but it is a little bit quirky spelling and getting the spaces right can be tricky. Using the yahoo or google search with KCA and different authors names can be very effective.

Just tried this in yahoo and I did not find what I was looking for:
Krag collectors association change in head space drawings for Krags FredC Butlersrangers
Changing the wording and more searching will probably find what I need, but I have to go back to work now.

Whig

Post by Whig »

Thanks for the help, Fred. It would be nice to hear from administrators on this.

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

Pictures are here they came over in change and can be found in there original threads. The problem with this perticular situation seems to be the links are to the old address that crashed. We are looking into ways to recover them.
For the record the old site was going down and rapidly we had to come up with a solution quickly, I am not a tech guy so I don't understand, nor can I explain the details. We found what we thought was close and went with it, then events out of our control occured to complicate the change over and things drug out much longer than normal. We all have lives out side of this forum and some times issues don't get addressed right away regretably. Usually an email or PM helps things along as we can forward and share the information to try to solve the issues. We will continue to try to iron out the issues as rapidly as we can.

Whig

Post by Whig »

Thanks for the update. I am very patient but get frustrated after a while. I have brought this issue up many months ago without any real insight into how to deal with recovery of pictures. Thanks for the help.

FredC

Post by FredC »

Wowsers Ned. I had not realized things were so bad. I thought an internet protocol change required an upgrade or rework. I assumed you just went for a total rework of the site. Did no know the site was close to being lost with all the old posts.

One good thing is now you can edit very old posts. Whig, the old photos can added the today very easily. If you still have the school rifle in question and the old photos are lost you can make new photos and add them easily enough. If you have difficulty adding them, email them to me and I can add them to my post in the same thread with a note they were posted on your behalf.

Whig

Post by Whig »

Thanks, Fred. If I ever get enough spare time and feel like it, I can repost pictures.

And, by the way it's a Philippine Constabulary Rifle- NOT a school rifle!! (Ha! I had to point that mistake out just for fun!)