Not SPAM and an honest question

For poking fun and off topic subjects
waterman

Not SPAM and an honest question

Post by waterman »

I have seen references to a DCM Sales List. So far, the guys who use this are trying to find out if their Krags or 1903 Springfields were sold through the DCM. I have a chance to get a WW1-issued revolver from the estate of a man who was a US Army Corps of Engineers officer, commissioned as a Captain in WW1. After the war, he was an NRA life member. What I want to know is "was this revolver sold through the DCM program?" or did the man simply fail to turn it in in the midst of the Spanish Flu chaos? The guy was one of those who nearly died of the flu. His wife told me that the entire project in Wyoming that he worked on was abandoned because almost everybody was sick and a large number died. She simply collected him at a hospital and took him home. No more was said about the Army. The revolver does not have any 1920s or 1930s rebuild or inspection marks.

FredC

Re: Not SPAM and an honest question

Post by FredC »

I have wondered if it was possible that some service weapons were not turned in. Not sure how they would be treated 50 or 100 years later. Still stolen? Carried off with permission? If so how would you prove it?