Some Cops need training!

For poking fun and off topic subjects
butlersrangers

Some Cops need training!

Post by butlersrangers »

I have great respect for Officers challenged with upholding the Law. As a group, they are brave, resourceful, and exceptional.

But, this 1920's photo of a group of Texas Rangers clearly shows a couple of Troopers, who are in need of some 'remedial rifle-handling training'.

ahhh .... we'll let Fred tell them!
Attachments
Texas Rangers.jpg
Texas Rangers.jpg (93.31 KiB) Viewed 412 times
cringe worthy - Texas Rangers.jpg
cringe worthy - Texas Rangers.jpg (78.92 KiB) Viewed 412 times

FredC

Re: Some Cops need training!

Post by FredC »

What you do not see is the soft white rubber pad on that brick protecting the crown. Or not! Still part of the modern "better one in the transmission than in the head" crowd. Not sure if I would want to try and correct them, they are a tough looking bunch! Some Texas rangers were very fair and polite others not so much. My wife worked for a Texas Ranger that went out of his way to help us a couple of times. We bought a car from a small car lot where the owner had difficulty producing the title and plates. He called the owner and said he did not want to open up a case on the situation and we got our plates and title real fast after that. The car lot owner and the other lot owner that was holding back on the title sure did not want to mess with a Texas Ranger.

Recently someone told me about a local game warden that would just as soon shoot you as look at you. Had a run in with a game warden that said my son needed be lying on the ground with the game warden grinding his face in the gravel. I asked my lawyer about my son's reply that sparked that, and he said it was actually the right thing to say. One of the 3 game wardens in that encounter seemed to be embarrassed by the circumstances. As a rule Texas game wardens are best avoided.