You think you have it bad?

For poking fun and off topic subjects
butlersrangers

Re: You think you have it bad?

Post by butlersrangers »

We had a wonderful Persian 'rescue' cat, that someone tried to kill with a hoe.

We got him from a vet. The poor critter had many stitched-up scars, which had required his fur to be drastically trimmed.
Initially, he looked like the "Cowardly Lion". He sounded like Darth Vader, as he approached!

He started out as our 'barn cat' and earned his way into the house, as an indoor/outdoor cat.

He acted like a dog in many ways. He quickly learned the name we gave him and came when his name, "Scruff", was called.
He would let us know, when he needed to go out or come into the house. He actively sought to be in our company.

One time, Scruff took a great interest in an 'empty' feed bin in the barn. I opened the lid and four or five mice were scrambling in the residue of grain.
I dropped the cat into the bin and he dispatched all the mice with lightening speed, like a Rat-Terrier in an arena!

The noisy guy was an amazing and highly successful hunter. Scruff was precise and deadly in administering the Coup de Gras on vermin.
He loved my wife and would leave her a neat line of mouse heads & entrails, at the back-door, to prove his prowess and affection.

His fine Persian hair prove to be his undoing. He would get very matted and it was like alligator wrestling to clear away knots of fur that hindered his mobility.

My wife attended a local Expo/Fair and won the prize of a "Free Pet Trimming" at a Dog & Cat Groomer.
Poor Scruff had a heart attack and died, during his 'Spa Treatment'. The Pet Groomer was distraught.
We were sad and missed having such a great cat.
Scruff? He left Life looking Good!
Last edited by butlersrangers on Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

FredC

Post by FredC »

Yeah, these house cats can become real sources of entertainment. The 2 we have had on the ranch during the last 20 years have had anger management issues. Pretty funny actually.

Trying to find a funny caption for the coyote. The extended play with his food makes you think his name was Wiley and maybe his prize is a road runner. Prize looks a bit large for that explanation though.

Knute1

Post by Knute1 »

I need to get a game camera in the back of my place. There may be some surprising things to see. Is yours set up where you can check your pictures from a computer in the house?

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

FredC, how about naming your fun little guy "Peyote Coyote"?

He certainly appears to be on something.

He probably received a shipment from ACME!

FredC

Post by FredC »

Found several more later in the series. Coyote playing with the same object on different days. Do not catch them very often in the day time, resolution would be better and could tell what his toy is. I thought was his catch and was puzzled why he played with it instead of eating it. Maybe a bone or piece of hide. No intoxicating herbs around here that I know of. Coyotes just want to have fun. Note the splash photo.

I have not paid for online updates on this camera. I probably should I have been trying to catch the pigs that are going though the hole in the fence by the camera. Interesting stuff goes on in the dark. Been trying to catch some pigs that have been staying on my place and hitting the neighbors peanuts at night. Combination of moon phase and ripe peanuts have been making them brave. I used the intel this morning to try and catch them but they did not show. Not sure if they beat me coming back or decided to stay on the neighbors place. I parked a tractor so I could see them over the cover, just did not work out. If the weather is good I may try tomorrow morning. The camera is more than a 1/4 mile from the house. By the time I got a notification they were in front of the camera they would be in deep cover before I could get in position. Been shredding their cover maybe why they were a no show. Just a little bit left. I was hoping to kill a few to let them know they were not wanted before finishing the shredding.
Attachments
DayTimePigs.jpg
DayTimePigs.jpg (644.02 KiB) Viewed 1413 times
RS.jpg
RS.jpg (453.01 KiB) Viewed 1413 times
Splash.jpg
Splash.jpg (921.35 KiB) Viewed 1413 times

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

What do you think ..... was this cat made on a Monday? .... or late on a Friday?
Attachments
Monday Cat.jpg
Monday Cat.jpg (91.38 KiB) Viewed 1408 times

FredC

Post by FredC »

Interesting cat! With all the colors I would guess it is a female.

Withdrew the welcome sign for the pigs this morning. Missed the first one using the thermal imaging scope on a 45/70. Bout knocked me off the tractor, had 2 more rounds and connected with them on different pigs. Another batch stopped in front of me and i picked up the 222 with night vision. Caught it in tall grass and weeds in front of the tractor, just showed a little bit of the back and i shot were I thought the middle would be. I figured out why I did not see them yesterday. Was looking for the bigger ones to show over the tall grass and weeds. Just saw the heat signature of a little of the backs when they were on their way to the heavy cover this morning. I was probably looking the wrong way when the came through yesterday. Standing on top of the tractor platform holding those heavy rifles for an hour or 2 straight is a bear.
I talked to a friend and a neighbor about watching when I run them out of the sorghum shredding this afternoon. Hopefully I find the 2 dead or wounded in the heavy stuff when shredding this afternoon.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

'FredC' - Maybe you should get a higher stand and use a bigger projectile?
Attachments
coyote rock.jpg
coyote rock.jpg (40.07 KiB) Viewed 1392 times

FredC

Post by FredC »

That photo with caption are good for at least one belly laugh.

On the cat is that your current cat or did you just find the photo on line?
Last edited by FredC on Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

A friend posted the Cat pic on Face Book. I just shared and re-captioned it.

We are out of cats, now, and don't need another one.

I'd like to get a dog, but, my wife keeps telling me "No".