A fun Gun Book

For poking fun and off topic subjects
butlersrangers

A fun Gun Book

Post by butlersrangers »

I went to the Michigan Antique Arm Collectors show last Saturday. It was the first gun show I have attended, since February 2019.

It was good to see some familiar faces and enjoy some good conversations. It was sad to learn that some good old-timers had passed on.

I picked-up a new 'discounted' copy of Bruce N. Canfield's book, "U.S. Military Bolt Action Rifles". ($50)
It has been around for over ten years, but, I never gave it a 'LOOK'.

Saturday, I was desirous of learning more about Winchester-Hotchkiss rifles. A book vendor had a copy on his racks and I began perusing it.
I now have it in my T.V. Room. It is fun to pick it up and read about things that catch my eye 'in the moment'.

Canfield is an enjoyable author to read. His book is loaded with relevant pictures and drawings of arms, mechanisms, and accessories. Photographs are located near related text.
Military Bolt actions are covered from pre-CW percussion breech-loaders to Remington model 700 Sniping rifles.

Canfield devotes 60 pages to the U.S. Krag-Jorgensen. There is a wonderful 80 pages of S.R.S. Data, including all the content that Frank Mallory put in the tables in the back of "The Krag Rifle Story", 2nd edition.

As a starting reference for the new Krag enthusiast, the book is a good tool!
Attachments
IMG_8630.JPG
IMG_8630.JPG (183.61 KiB) Viewed 440 times
IMG_8631.JPG
IMG_8631.JPG (180.96 KiB) Viewed 440 times
IMG_8633.JPG
IMG_8633.JPG (196.26 KiB) Viewed 440 times
IMG_8632.JPG
IMG_8632.JPG (186.47 KiB) Viewed 440 times

King carp

Re: A fun Gun Book

Post by King carp »

Nice buy. I have been looking for the same book for several years but could not justify paying the price being asked for it. Sometimes it pays to check out the local shows and stores instead of the internet.