Inflation

For poking fun and off topic subjects
butlersrangers

Inflation

Post by butlersrangers »

The Bidden Economy may force my wife to go back to work!
Attachments
Biden Era.jpg
Biden Era.jpg (67.38 KiB) Viewed 1076 times

FredC

Re: Inflation

Post by FredC »

Your talking to someone who had bought gas for $.19 per gallon and got haircuts for $.10, and I am not that old. My father told me about working for $.10 an hour doing 10 hour days bailing hay in Arizona.

My grocery store price complaint is the boneless sirloin roast I have been buying for the last 18 years for $3.99 a pound just went up to $6.99. This particular roast there are only 2 per head of beef so not a whole lot of demand or advertising. Whenever they have good marbling I buy one or two, so I still have a bunch in the freezer that have the old price on the label. So much for the good old days.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

It is hard to estimate 'used gun' and replacement part prices these days.

The printing press has made the U.S. Dollar pretty mushy!

At the Sportsman's Club 'Sight-in Days', last week-end, the customers were very frugal with their ammunition.

FredC

Post by FredC »

Br,
You may be going to the wrong store to buy that turkey. The local H.E.B. is giving one away if you purchase a store brand spiral sliced ham. Whole pork butts in a bag are $1.49 per pound average weight 11.6 lbs.

Beef is another story, last three years beef herd on the national level has been shrinking while during the same time processed beef has been going up. Expect shortages and higher prices soon as the trends are not sustainable. We have been putting away some hay for the last 2 years and increasing herd size but we are bucking the trend.

FredC

Post by FredC »

Here is a price cut you can thank Putin for:

https://www.drovers.com/news/industry/p ... ou-35-head

Say, in about 3 months you should be able to go to the grocery store and ask for the Putin price cut when these calves that sell today reach the packaged beef market.

Whig

Post by Whig »

I'm seeing more Trump "Miss Me Yet?" stickers around. No one wants to admit that they voted for Biden. Especially the ones who were dead and buried for the election!

Doubly Reincarnated

Post by Doubly Reincarnated »

In a discussion on the ASSRA site about .22 Shorts and whether they were still made in our COVIDed world, we learned that the mail-order price for one of the 100-round boxes of CCI Target Shorts went from $9 in 2019 to $60 a few days ago.

It's really hard to find the voters who never existed. But the huge majority of the fraud will be found in urban areas that were going to vote for the Left no matter what, where the electoral votes were already a sure thing. My late aunt (d.'83) worked for many years at the Cook County Election Board. My parents moved out of Cook County in 1949, but voted in every election through 1980. Dad died in '72, but seems to have survived both cancer & cremation. He voted in '76 and '80.

RicKrager

Post by RicKrager »

In Eastern Oregon, selected ammo is coming back at a high price. 30-40, not at all, naturally. Components : some factory brass, not much in bullets, a little powder I am not familiar with, hardly any primer choices, all at prices that would spin your toupee.

Local ranchers are starting a movement for local meat processing since there are only 4 FDA beef processing plants nation wide and they control the prices. I heard this from a local meat cutter.

Our county GOP Central Committee has been run by a tyrant RINO since 2012 and there is a move to restore honor and function to this, the lowest elected position in party politics. The elected serve, they do not rule! Something they have forgotten long ago. Could this problem explain why the country went so nutso? We do the math, we examine what they say. Rational individuals can easily make the connections.

Keep your powder dry.