Goofball cat.

For poking fun and off topic subjects
FredC

Goofball cat.

Post by FredC »

I know some like Whig hate cat,. but sometimes the goofy things do something useful.
Went out to bring his bowl in this morning while it was almost dark. Sidewalk was clear. Cat showed up later and cried because he wanted petting. Found this baby snattlerake that he left on the sidewalk.

Another foot shot for the rogues gallery.
Attachments
BabySnattlerRake.jpg
BabySnattlerRake.jpg (373.79 KiB) Viewed 1165 times

butlersrangers

Re: Goofball cat.

Post by butlersrangers »

Fred, I like your cat a lot better than I like your 'Snattlerake'.

What is your cat's name? Rikki-Tikki-Tavi?

FredC

Post by FredC »

The cat responds better to "cat, cat where you at?". Mostly call him goofball, crazy cat or silly cat depending on how he is acting. Cat, cat seems to get his attention best.

On the snakes the rattling can go from a deafening noise that you can not locate to a gentle tic - tic as the crawl across the ground. Ran across more than one while pig hunting. Each a scary experience. Once i looked down while carrying the Enfield and there was one right between my boots, I jumped and screamed like a little girl. Then I remembered I had snake chaps on and he could not have hurt me. My son was carrying his 10-22 and i had him shoot it for me. Learned the hard way you do not shoot at something that close on the ground with an '06. You will be deaf for a couple of days.
One of the guys that hunted pigs on the neighbors places with dogs told about something bumping him on the leg while standing still. First he thought it was a twig bumping him. He looked down the second time it happened and he was standing on one and it was striking at his chaps.

FredC

Post by FredC »

I need to get a good photo of a behavior of this silly cat. Will show a relationship of this behavior to Kim Jung Il of North Korean infamy. May take a couple of days to catch him doing it when I have a camera at the same time.

Whig

Post by Whig »

Hey, Fred- I love cats, can't have them indoors due to bad allergies, but I also love humor involving cats, dogs, politicians, lawyers, doctors, etc.

Got to have a laugh now and then or else we'd all be in the bunk house!
Attachments
brain1.jpg
brain1.jpg (22.42 KiB) Viewed 1119 times

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

My favorite hunchback MF .... er, "Walk This Way" Marty Feldman. Gosh was he funny!

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

Hump.....what hump???

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Cat? ..... what Cat?
Attachments
cat-bird.jpg
cat-bird.jpg (31.19 KiB) Viewed 1076 times

FredC

Post by FredC »

Br, pretty funny. When you want to see the cat you see the cat. When you want to see the bird you see a bird. Blinking helps when you want to change over.

Got a photo of my cat yawning. Hard to do as the autofocus takes a second or 2 and he only does it when I am walking up to him, just about every time though. Can not remember if this is typical cat behavior or just this one. For a long while I thought he was showing disdain for me or showing me how big his teeth are. I decided he was showing me how big so I would say "my what big teeth you have" when he did it. Saw a PBS program I think on yawning the other day and learned a few things. Fish yawn as well as most or all invertebrates. Yawning is not done to increase blood flow to the brain but is now thought to cause a lowering of blood temperature to the brain causing an increase in alertness. So instead of showing disdain or saying I think you are boring, the person or animal yawning is doing it to better pay attention. The cat is probably looking to get petted and alertness is probably part of the plan to get more.

The connection to Kim Jun-un. The North Korean dictator had his uncle executed for yawning during one of his speeches. Poor guy was trying to pay attention and Kim Jun-un took it for disrespect.

If I ever catch a photo of my cat during a full yawn, I will replace the photo. This cat's full yawn is very impressive.
Attachments
GoofBallYawn.jpg
GoofBallYawn.jpg (636.33 KiB) Viewed 1026 times

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

I don't rightly know Fred, but, it kind of looks like he's laughing at you!