I found an interesting Smithsonian publication, "United States Army Headgear 1855-1902 - Catalog of U. S. Army Uniforms in the collections of the Smithsonian Institution, II",
by Edgar M. Howell.
It shows a very detailed evolution of military headgear and covers a good part of the 'Trapdoor and Krag era'.
A link to download the publication for free, if this is of interest to you: https://doi.org/10.5479/si.00810258.30.1
A few pages:
For poking fun and off topic subjects
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- IMG_9072.JPG (261.69 KiB) Viewed 170 times
- IMG_9073.JPG (287.05 KiB) Viewed 170 times
- IMG_9067.JPG (248.93 KiB) Viewed 170 times
- IMG_9068.JPG (274.54 KiB) Viewed 170 times
- IMG_9069.JPG (480.47 KiB) Viewed 170 times