Welcome to Fantasy Island!

For poking fun and off topic subjects
butlersrangers

Welcome to Fantasy Island!

Post by butlersrangers »

If I had ever gotten home and walked into this situation, I would have 'dove' out a window, fully knowing I had just entered a deadly trap!
Attachments
Fantasy Land.jpg
Fantasy Land.jpg (97.52 KiB) Viewed 713 times

Knute1

Re: Welcome to Fantasy Island!

Post by Knute1 »

Back when very few women worked outside of the home. When they raised their children. When a husband was the sole provider. When work was work (force times distance, in physical terms). When a cordless drill required the operator to crank it (brace and bit) or spin it like an egg beater. When a post hole digger was your PHD. When children could be disciplined.

But bras were burnt in the mid 70's. Divorces climbed. Women won every right except to register for the draft. Now men are fighting for the right to be a woman.

My wife drives a school bus and gets home after I do. But she still thinks I need to be the religious leader of the house. Household chores are shared. I will say, when she is off work in the Summer things seem to be more right in my world. I am a male chauvinist pig, but they have different names for me now and I haven't learned to spell them yet.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

'Knute', careful with that "Pig" thing .... FredC might shoot you!

Here, hold this target.
Attachments
pig target.jpg
pig target.jpg (90.66 KiB) Viewed 689 times

FredC

Post by FredC »

Against my religion to shoot human beans.

To accidentally get shot around here you would have to do stuff like root around on all fours at night while making squealing, grunting and other pig like sounds. Wearing a large black hairy blanket that had been heated to about 98 degrees might help, the thermal scope does not have good resolution out past 100 yards. Sometimes it takes me a few minutes to tell the difference between a fat coon and a small piglet. Hate to waste a 45/70 bullet on a coon.

Talking about male chauvinistic pigs. A youngish gal held the door for me while coming out of the local farm supply store a few years ago. Sure made me feel old.

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

FredC wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:13 pm... Hate to waste a 45/70 bullet on a coon.

Yet it might give the same feeling of satisfaction. It would for me. Coon. Pig. Yappy ankle biter dog. All the same.
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

FredC

Post by FredC »

45/70 makes a satisfying splat when it hits, but I am short on 45/70 brass. I have plenty of bullets, but it does use a lot of powder compared to the 222. Plenty of powder, bullets, and cases for the 222. Just installed the new night vision scope on it, with the generation 2+ scope i can tell the difference between varmints out to several hundred yards.