Hi All.... Long time no see

For poking fun and off topic subjects
psteinmayer

Hi All.... Long time no see

Post by psteinmayer »

Hello everyone!

I decided to check in and say hello. Yes, I'm still around. Many things in life have thrown me a few curves in the last couple years... and it's kept me occupied with a lot of other personal stuff! Anyway, I'm so sorry that I haven't been around. I'll try to be more active here now and get back into the swing of all things Krag!!!

Paul Steinmayer

butlersrangers

Re: Hi All.... Long time no see

Post by butlersrangers »

Hi Paul - Good to see your post. I guess Culpeper finally 'bonded you out'.
Attachments
no turnout.jpg
no turnout.jpg (69.85 KiB) Viewed 1127 times

FredC

Post by FredC »

Howdy Paul,
Also glad you are back. I just got my cataract in the left eye removed and I am seeing better also. Can now do close fine work without the Opti visor. Probably not what you meant by "long time no see". Anyway hope life is better for you going forward.
Fred

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

Good to see you back Paul!!

Cat Man

Post by Cat Man »

Was just wondering about you a few days ago. Great to hear from you.
We all have missed people places and shooting events in the past couple years.
Here is to a new shooting season and hope to see you on the range!

Jeff the Caterpillar man

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

'bout time you came up for air. Glad to hear everything is okay. In case you have not heard I am on the west side of the Atlantic. Was laid off a month ago and I folded the colors on the African Legion Detachment. It is safe to say GOOD RIDDANCE to the last job. Sheesh.

How are you set for Krag brass?
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

Whig

Post by Whig »

Glad to hear you are still alive and kicking. Hope you are able to enjoy some of your hobbies including military rifle shooting. Keep well!

Larry

Knute1

Post by Knute1 »

Hey Paul,
Glad you are back, too. In one string some of us entertained a thought of meeting at the Rock Island Arsenal Museum after it re-opens. Maybe this thought will become reality some day. The website for the museum claims that it is closed for renovations and re-opening in 2023. So that is a year away and I don't know of an exact date yet. But I'll keep an eye open and see if there is any interest down the road.

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Yes... it's been a long couple years for me, with medical issues, family issues and lots of personal stuff I won't go into here. But I am back! I'm actually already registered for Camp Perry (sadly, they no longer hold the Roosevelt, but I'll be shooting my Krag in Vintage... so Cat Man and Culpeper, get loading!!!). I'm looking forward to getting back into some shooting fun, and some other things I've been neglecting lately! I've also taken on a new hobby... repairing antique clocks and watches (my grandfather was a watchmaker, so I guess it's in my blood).

A trip to Rock Island would be a hoot! I have actually been there (when it was still an active military installation many years ago) for work. I'm sure the buildings I visited had some historical significance, but I'll be dipped if I know which ones were which... and at the time, I just knew I was at Rock Island.

Chuck, let me know when the next MAAC show is. I think Dad wants to go spend some money on me... LOL

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Paul, the next Michigan Antique Arms Collectors Show is April 23-24, 2022.