Are Gun Forums dying out?

For poking fun and off topic subjects
butlersrangers

Are Gun Forums dying out?

Post by butlersrangers »

There are several gun forums that I often peruse. I'm beginning to find most a waste of time.

One of them has almost no activity except for the same nasty old guys engaged in daily political insult contests.

A Canadian forum, I view, goes for many days without much change.

'Gunboards' annoys me, because many who ask questions never acknowledge when someone has provided a helpful or well-thought-out answer.
Also, there seem to be a number of "know it all's" who I think are downright goofy.

The KCA has a lot going for it. I most enjoy threads that encourage thought, introduce something new, or prompt me to re-examine something I thought I knew.
Still, we don't seem to get very many new people who stay with the hobby.

Just a sign of the times? .... or is it just me?
Attachments
I dont know.jpg
I dont know.jpg (34.21 KiB) Viewed 599 times
Last edited by butlersrangers on Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

FredC

Re: Are Gun Forums dying out?

Post by FredC »

I have noticed less activity on the Practical Machinist forum also. Summer vacations coming up and hard feelings from the political arguments. Owner put a stop to that over there by banning a few that got particularly insulting. This forum has been very civil by comparison. A lot are here to get a couple of questions answered on inherited Krags. If the Krag bug does not bite them they got all the info they wanted.

Br, you need to get a cat with ATTITUDE.

Current Goofball cat has plenty. I took a baby cottontail away from him once. I will not make that mistake again.
Attachments
catwithattitude.jpg
catwithattitude.jpg (747.28 KiB) Viewed 596 times

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Individuals who come to the KCA Forum with questions about a family heirloom or recent acquisition should always be most welcome.
These inquiries can lead to interesting revelations, the sharing of neat stories and discussions. Hopefully it also produces a greater pool of individuals with an interest in historic arms and shooting.

BTW - I think cats and their personalities are of rather minor concern. There are real issues we need to deal with!
Attachments
Lizard Warning.jpg
Lizard Warning.jpg (59.26 KiB) Viewed 591 times

King carp

Post by King carp »

Most of the answers new posters have can be found on these forums by looking in their archives. They do not have to ask for opinions. I like this forum because its very civil compared to others. I have learned a lot here and continue to do so. The gunboard forum has some members that toot their horn a lot but i know for a fact they give out wrong info. But i would be jumped on if i said so. Originally these forums were very helpful. Now some of them seem to be dead ending.

FredC

Post by FredC »

"Individuals who come to the KCA Forum with questions about a family heirloom or recent acquisition should always be most welcome.
These inquiries can lead to interesting revelations, the sharing of neat stories and discussions. Hopefully it also produces a greater pool of individuals with an interest in historic arms and shooting." Quote from Butlersrangers

I agree completely, helping these ones is fun, informative and feels good to boot.

pickax

Post by pickax »

Yes, the archives have been most helpful to me, and direct questions with my '99 carbine a few years ago.
This group is most friendly with real experience and direct knowledge.
But Krags aren't my only area of interest. I still hit here as part of my daily gun forum perusal. Hoping for an interesting rifle that is discussed. Not much happening, same as Jouster. But it :o does happen, same with the Canadian site.
So many forums have been taken over with ads and idiots posting lately, just happened with . 22 rimfire I notice
Hang tight Ned and Tom, you might get an offer for this forum. :o