How are we to interpret this??

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Whig

Re: How are we to interpret this??

Post by Whig »

Wow, Fred! Sorry to hear about the wife. Prayers for the both of you.

Quite the planner to be thinking about her replacement already! We all want a strong, supportive life partner.

FredC

Post by FredC »

Not actively planning or looking. We pulled her through once already, the first time I figured out that callouses on the hands will be paid attention to if the day comes.

King carp

Post by King carp »

Prayers and positive thoughts sent to you and your family.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

"FredC" - I'm sorry for the 'roller coaster' of emotion and physical demands you must be going through.

As always, it's good to be hearing from you. Prayers and wishes for the best to both of you.

FredC

Post by FredC »

Did not mean to turn a thread which could have taken a humorous turn into a downer. If box #6 had been a mirrored surface so you saw your own face, it could have been funny as well as educational.

On Br's primate test there is not enough detail to see if primates are lurking in the background. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6346

FredC

Post by FredC »

Since I wrecked this thread, just a couple of updates on my wife. Right now, her (hospice) nurse only comes occasionally. My wife does not even talk to her on the phone very often. She has some ups and down but generally she is holding her own. The hospice recommendation was from one of her doctors and more of a formality than anything. The first time she came close to dying and was very ill for some time. A corrective surgery for an earlier mistake early in that adventure plus weight loss eventually turned her situation around. After a while they kicked her out for not dying. She did come pretty close though. That first time one particularly dedicated nurse named Jacki went above and beyond, my wife's sister in law did spend a lot of time here and helped immeasurably. Pretty sure my reasonably healthful cooking played a part also.

That callouses on the hands thing is just something tucked away in the back of the mind if it ever becomes necessary. I did shake hands with a nurse at my dermatologist's office last year. I did think of telling her that her husband should consider himself blessed to have such a hard working wife with such a firm handshake and such prominent callouses, but thought better of it.

Br, that was an interesting take on the cardinal. Took a while to ponder on the idea that one person might fit all 3 definitions. Even if his actions made one wonder about his humanity, still the scientific classification would apply.
Last edited by FredC on Thu May 26, 2022 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

'FredC' - You didn't wreck anything. We hope the best for you and the Mrs.

Doubly Reincarnated

Post by Doubly Reincarnated »

I was glad to learn about the Roeper School. Glad to see someone spending a lot on the education of gifted children. They are our future. As a nation, we don't seem to realize that.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

The Roeper Biology Teacher is currently still suspended and has probably permanently ruined her teaching career.

The original source of the 'Primate Quiz' was a 2010 paper, by two Duke University undergrads, for a Biology Class.

Duke University has removed the content from their web site, stating, it should never have been available and was never part of lesson planning.

Roeper School suspended classes due to Face Book 'death threats', toward the school.

Some 'Roeper parents' are hopping mad because of the turmoil it has brought to their "Woke School", which I reckon is understandable.

Personally, I feel bad for the teacher. Even though she certainly "F....ed Up", she may be a sincerely repentant sinner.

In today's atmosphere, there is not a lot of room for redemption and forgiveness. Maybe "Stoning" was more merciful than what happens nowadays?

Whig

Post by Whig »

Regardless of this specific incident, if they are a progressive "woke" school, as you stated, maybe this can lead to their closure and keep these kids safer for their future! We need fewer "woke" schools, not more. They are already damaging our kids enough.