In summary ...

For poking fun and off topic subjects
butlersrangers

In summary ...

Post by butlersrangers »

... and I thought "Cliff's Notes" were concise!
Attachments
plot synopsis.jpg
plot synopsis.jpg (66.11 KiB) Viewed 841 times

psteinmayer

Re: In summary ...

Post by psteinmayer »

Now THAT's funny right there!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Surrender Dorothy! The notorious Kansas Serial Killer, who makes her victims, "really most sincerely dead".

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Ahhhhhh... but her excuse is just so entertaining:

"what happened was just this.
The wind began to switch, the house to pitch, and suddenly the hinges started to unhitch. Just then the witch, to satisfy an itch went flying on her broomstick thumbing for a hitch. And oh what happen'd was rich. The house began to pitch, the kitchen took a slitch, it landed on the wicked witch in the middle of a ditch. Which was not a healthy situation for a wicked witch."

And the locals made her a hero:

"We thank you very sweetly, for doing it so neatly. You've killed her so completely that we thank you very sweetly!"

FredC

Post by FredC »

It has been so long since I have seen the movie, I have forgotten all the details. You are bringing up things that do not even ring a bell. Maybe there is a benefit to not having grand kids?

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

When my boys were 2 to 5 years old, "The 'Bizard' of Oz" was their favorite movie.
Having a VCR, which even a toddler could operate, allowed them to view their favorite sections, over and over, on demand.

I can't fathom how many times I have heard & re-heard significant parts of this classic!

So, when we say: "Who rang that bell?", "Come back tomorrow!", "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!", "And Toto, too", it is because these phrases are permanently engraved into our funnel capped tin heads.

"Go and take it with you"

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

LOL when my kids were little, they loved Chitty Chitty Bang Bang... so much so that they also watched it over and over and over again! Then, they'd sing the songs over and over and over again!!! It got so that I was relieved when I went on deployment on the USS Ranger... until my ex-wife sent me a video tape of them singing those damned songs!!! My son and I laugh about it from time to time now-a-days :lol:

I have very warm memories of watching The Wizard of Oz every spring on TV at my grandmother's house (I think it used to air around Easter time. Those were the days when they only aired stuff like that once in a while).

FredC

Post by FredC »

It could be worse, local news interviewed an author this morning that is writing children's books. the titles include "AND THE CURSE OF THE WEEPING WOMAN" about a woman that drowned her own children and came back as a ghost that steals other children. Not sure how children can sleep after hearing that one, wondering if this will be the day that my mother drowns me? Can my parents protect me from a ghost?

Giving children the willies, what fun.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

I found "The Wizard of Oz" plenty scary, when I first saw it on B&W TV, at age eight. The Flying Monkeys were most terrifying.

I didn't know things went to 'color', (when Dorothy stepped out of her Kansas house and into 'Munchkin Land'), until I was 32 years old and bought my first color TV.
That was mind blowing!

I don't know much about kids fears and anxieties, now. The 'filters' have become insane.
There is so much perverted & psychotic stuff, needlessly thrown at us, while real preventable dangers go ignored.

Thank God, there are still some competent Moms & Dads.
They could use some help from the people in control of entertainment outlets, social media, education and government, instead of being under-mined in so many ways.

All this scary stuff has given me anxiety and a re-occurring dream .... where a bunch of Amish guys steal my barn!

I need some Silver Bullets.
Attachments
Amish barn thieves.jpg
Amish barn thieves.jpg (62.68 KiB) Viewed 689 times
alice and dorothy.jpg
alice and dorothy.jpg (107.38 KiB) Viewed 689 times

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Whimper. Whine. There's... There's nothing like the horror of an Amish drive-by in the middle of the night. I can still hear it.

Clop, clop, clop, clop, clop, BANG. Clop, clop, clop, BANG, BANG, clop, clop, BANG. Clop, clop, clop, clop, clop, BANG. Clop, clop, BANG, BANG, BANG.

I can only imagine a stolen barn.
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio