Too bad.

For poking fun and off topic subjects
King carp

Too bad.

Post by King carp »

We could use a few like this man. A nice plaque i found cleaning out mom and dads house.
Attachments
20221119_150656.gif
20221119_150656.gif (444.71 KiB) Viewed 354 times

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Re: Too bad.

Post by Ned Butts »

Nice find!

Knute1

Post by Knute1 »

A true treasure you found there! My great grandfather would have seen "Teddy" within days at the start of his Presidency as my great grandfather was in a company that lead President McKinley's funeral cortege. This increased my interest in President Roosevelt's life and he truly is a part of the American Experience.

King carp

Post by King carp »

It is really cool that your great grandfather took part in a great era of American history. "TR" is my favorite president. Doing many great things for the american people along with strong foreign policy. A good book to read is "The river of doubt". It details "TRs" expedition up the river of doubt in Brazil later in his life.

Knute1

Post by Knute1 »

I have read "The Hunting and Exploring Adventures of Theodore Roosevelt" told in his own words and edited by Donald Day (1955). In this book there is a chapter (4) in part 5 on exploring the Brazilian Wilderness. The chapter is called "The River of Doubt". This might be the same as you are pointing out. This book covers his ranching/cowboy days, African adventures, etc. Kept me captivated. Picked it up at a for charity used bookstore for $2.50 out the door. I keep it on my 1930 Atwater-Kent am radio with other books on my "top 5" book list.