Nothing better to do

For poking fun and off topic subjects
FredC

Nothing better to do

Post by FredC »

CAMBRIDGE, MA - A new study performed by a Harvard research team found a "strong correlation" between watching a soccer game and succumbing to a feeling of overwhelming boredom.

The study suggests that watching soccer is the root cause of much of the world's boredom, and that people can live better, more exciting lives if they simply shut off the World Cup and do something else instead. Researchers stated that other activities like watching baseball, enjoying a hockey game, and staring at the inside of a Pringles can are all far better sources of entertainment than soccer.

Pringles can, HMMM. I would not buy a can much less empty it. Maybe I could walk up and down the highway and find one.

Nah, I got too much to do to get bored. Don't need no stinking Pringles cans.

Culpeper

Re: Nothing better to do

Post by Culpeper »

When I was over in Africa doing my thing I would talk to the young National Guard soldiers manning the various guard posts on the fence. The duty was eight or twelve hours and except for keeping an eye on the local denizens and the occasional camel and wild life they all said they were bored to tears. I told them this was the best duty they will ever do. They never had to freeze their backsides off eleven degrees north of the equator. Sure it was hot and dusty with a couple of monsoons in November to March period. It was slack duty. I asked them what stupid crap they would be doing back at their State-side garrisons or the crazy things their wives or girlfriends or bosses would demand of them. Made them think a bit. Then it got a lot easier to be bored.

Me? I learned to embrace boredom as an old friend. I take comfort in it. I can do much when I am have nothing to do.

"Just say NO to Soccer." Nancy Reagan
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio