Ongoing Auction

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Dick Hosmer

Ongoing Auction

Post by Dick Hosmer »

The December Timed Auction at Lewis and Grant has some interesting items. Google lewisandgrant.

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Re: Ongoing Auction

Post by Ned Butts »

Indeed
Thanks for the heads up

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Interesting selection of parts, odds & sods!

Three different 2nd Allin Conversion .50-70 barreled/actions for sale. One is marked 28 CR another is marked 258 CRS, I wonder if those are 'movie prop company' markings?

Also, a GP Krag action? A curious stash of stuff!
Attachments
4-2.jpg
4-2.jpg (21.02 KiB) Viewed 797 times
7-2.jpg
7-2.jpg (36.47 KiB) Viewed 797 times

Doubly Reincarnated

Post by Doubly Reincarnated »

Does the Krag GP action have the extractor parts? And the internal pin in the left bolt raceway? Without those, it's just a Krag action that might not be as smooth as others.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Since the .22 cal. GP Action is missing its barrel, it would lack the extractor-plate mechanism, which is pinned to the .22 cal. barrel-breech.

The extractor 'trip-pin' likely remains in the GP receiver wall.

Doubly Reincarnated

Post by Doubly Reincarnated »

My thoughts are that it's not much more than an odd paperweight. I've only messed with one GPR, but the action was not "Krag-smooth".

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

I agree, the GP 'trip-pin' adds a lot of drag as it rubs along the bottom surfaces of the extractor.

The whole GP extraction system was crazy. Springfield Armory & Ordnance Department refused to use an easy solution, like Mr. Pope did!

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

At least some of this stuff is the leftovers and dregs from the late Bill Rutter's life-long collection. I wanted one of his guns but they went too high. Lot 41 is a HUGE bunch of Krag sights for the tinkerer - or, an opportunity to make a few bucks by selling them one at a time. Feel free - I'm not bidding on them.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Culpeper should look at lot #274, which is supposedly 30 rounds of 6mm USN ammo. Unfortunately, it appears held in Mauser charger-clips and not Winchester-Lee chargers.

Whig

Post by Whig »

I've had a bid on the sight lot for a few days. I don't feel like sinking too much for them but it would be interesting to search through them and piece together some good ones and sell the rest. I really doubt that there are valuable carbine ones in this lot. Too many people know their value. But, it's nice to see a lot like this. I have had problems with Lewis and Grant before. I really hesitate potentially doing any business with them at all!