Inquiry on Joe Farmer

For poking fun and off topic subjects
pickax

Inquiry on Joe Farmer

Post by pickax »

Anyone know the status of Joe Farmer?
There is a thread on useful Krag books on CMP now, and his book and name came up.
I see his forum site is down now, hope not for health issues.

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Re: Inquiry on Joe Farmer

Post by Ned Butts »

The simple story, Joe moved to Florida recently, at last contact his new internet provider couldn't or wouldn't provide him with what he needed to run his website/forum. I don't expect him to give up easily.

pickax

Post by pickax »

Thanks Ned
Last post I saw was he was moving to FLA but nothing since. Glad he is OK and still fighting!
Hope he will surface again with info.for a new site.

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

At one time he mentioned that he was going to basically get out of the gun/research business and start a restaurant. Whether that was tongue-in-cheek or not, I do not know. Joe's a funny guy - some people got along with him, others didn't - I count myself as kinda in the middle on that. He, being practically a savant, doesn't suffer fools. That said, I have NEVER met a finer, or more diligent and meticulous researcher/documenter.. That was his passion, not so much the acquisition of artifacts, though he has scored some amazing treasures, like TWO Dursts from the 1893 trials; I believe five (5) were produced. He has a minty BoOF, etc. I wish him well at whatever he does in retirement. I'm sure that IF he wants a website, he will have one. Joe, if you chance to read this, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year . . .

pickax

Post by pickax »

Thanks Dick for the observations about Joe.
I remember the sometimes heated threads on Jouster. You have a good take on him.
whatever happens, I wish the best.
Considering all, a Florida restaraunt would be a treat!
Excuse me miss, but bring out the owner!

Whig

Post by Whig »

pickax - pm sent about Joe Farmer's contact info about his book.

pickax

Post by pickax »

Thanks Whig, will pass it on.