Professional Sports has changed.

For poking fun and off topic subjects
butlersrangers

Professional Sports has changed.

Post by butlersrangers »

I am glad that the Buffalo Football Player is responding positively to treatment, since the heart attack on the field, that stopped Monday's game.
I do not have an issue that the game was postponed and is now cancelled.

With all the death and tragedy going on in the World, including violent deaths in American cities, on Monday night I thought it got kind of weird.
Most of the TV networks interrupted programming and became fixated on this medical emergency during a sporting event.
Even though there was nothing known, to report, commentators went on and on.
Contrary to their usual secular irreverence, the 'talking heads' kept invoking our PRAYERS and acting virtuous. The media are such pandering hypocrites!

Good, bad, or indifferent .... a lot has changed in Sports, since I was a young adult.

I prefer the good old days!
Attachments
my how sports have changed.jpg
my how sports have changed.jpg (40.06 KiB) Viewed 310 times

Whig

Re: Professional Sports has changed.

Post by Whig »

Since we know that the medical profession has not been honest about Covid for years, because the politicians are running everything in the country, we have to assume that all of these sports "injuries", deaths, strokes, heart attacks, and people who are collapsing and have "died suddenly" are all doing so because of the Covid "vaccines" and boosters. There has been a near total blackout about the real cause of these unusual and skyrocketing number of medical issues and always some supposed reason why they have happened other than the truth. Many people have said that this football injury was not any more unusual than happens frequently. And, cardiac contusion causing irregular heart rhythm rarely cause the critical condition this player experienced. Could it? Yes. More likely, with recent findings about blood clots, myocarditis, etc., it's more likely from the shots.

And I say this as a physician who has treated these conditions. But, I could be wrong. I'm just a right wing conspiracist. God watch over all of us!

polska

Post by polska »

I find it strange that they stopped the game. In my 65 years on this planet I have seen many athletic events where an athlete goes down. I was at the Patriot game when Daryl Stingly was hit hard and totally paralyzed him. The game wasn't stopped and some of the more compassionate fans were heard "dig a hole and bury him". I remember when Tony Coniglaro of the Red Sox got a pitch in the head which just about killed him, the game played on. This is the new feminist woke society which makes me glad I'm old.

FredC

Post by FredC »

Interesting observation about the athlete and the attention given. A few years ago, a 17-year-old young man died down the road. Heart attack while picking watermelons. Just got up from the mid-morning break and he collapsed. EMS was doing CPR when we (local volunteer fire dept) got there. It was probably too long before CPR was started, he did not make it. His cousins were there but did not have the authority to OK discontinuing CPR. Parents in Mexico could not be contacted. So they continued CPR for nearly an hour and put him on a guerney with an automatic CPR and we helped load him on the helicopter for a trip to a SA hospital. Did not even make a mention in the local newspaper.

Two human beans have a heart attack as young men. One was a nobody and one had his on TV and was rich and famous. One was harvesting a crop that feeds people, one entertains people on TV. Go figure.

Polska's comment is interesting also, the kid's cousins went back to work harvesting watermelons after the EMS people questioned them about the parent's contact info.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

When 'Whig' mentions God, he means it.

On TV telecasts, it usually seems to be theater.

P0H0

Post by P0H0 »

I loved watching football back in the day. Now so much anymore…
48320971-C8D3-4568-B5E6-F1FA4F19C27B.gif
48320971-C8D3-4568-B5E6-F1FA4F19C27B.gif (74.56 KiB) Viewed 274 times

Whig

Post by Whig »

Faith in God is the only thing that has kept my wife and me sane these past years. Can't trust anyone else, especially Nancy Pelosi or Tony Fauci!