Back to Basic Training.

For poking fun and off topic subjects
Culpeper

Back to Basic Training.

Post by Culpeper »

No. I wasn't called back up to punish the USAF. The grandson is graduating on Thursday. I told him I would travel the road to Texas to see him. I do have a selfish reason though. I have never seen a mass formation parade. Was in a few. But never saw one from the outside.

The semi-cool thing is he is kinda tracing my path. Delayed enlistment during August. Went active duty December. Graduating January. Tech school to Sheppard AFB. All forty-six years apart. Jeez. Now I really do have both feet inside the town limits of Geezerville.

I tried to get him to consider the Marines but his mind was made up.
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

butlersrangers

Re: Back to Basic Training.

Post by butlersrangers »

Congratulations! I wish your Grandson the Best!

MooseNugget

Post by MooseNugget »

Hi Culpeper,

Congrats as well to your grandson!!!

Hope all goes well with his tech school training...do you know what his AFSC/job will be? I myself had spent 13 months receiving my phase I and II medical lab training at Sheppard AFB.

Like you, I've always loved a large and precisely executed military formation/parade...sends shivers through my spine!

Have a safe trip and enjoy your time with your newly minted USAF warrior.

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Here is a pic of the coin ceremony. This dog and pony show is a recent development in the last twenty years. The weather was great.
Attachments
BMTS grad coin ceremony.png
BMTS grad coin ceremony.png (351.03 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

A lot of new buildings for the trainees. These things are monsters.
Attachments
New AF Training Squadron Buildings.jpg
New AF Training Squadron Buildings.jpg (915.16 KiB) Viewed 1103 times

larrys

Post by larrys »

Wow! They had only a few of those thousand man dorms when I was there in March 1972.
Larry