30-40 brass

Ammunition, reloading, shooting, etc
carbon outlaw

30-40 brass

Post by carbon outlaw »

Hi I have been watching 30-40 brass disappearing Midway shooting supply is out ... Brownell doesn't have any ... all gone at Midsouth reloading ... There is some 30-40 brass however at other venders ... I remember how hard it was to get a few years ago ... Just thought i would let every one know ... thanks ...

polska

Re: 30-40 brass

Post by polska »

Yeah, because all companies are pushing 9mm, .308 and .223. That's what most people want and everything else is on the side burner. All the odd ball calibers are hard to find right now. I have been stockpiling 30-40 for awhile as the supply always comes and goes. I also having been ordering 7.65 Arg. plus 6.5 and 7.7 Jap plus 7.62 russian as this brass is also in short supply with the only company that seems to have it is Privi. I also have been grabbing .311 and .312 bullets when I see them. If you shoot old milsurps grab what you can now because I think it's going to be a long bumpy ride for awhile.

carbon outlaw

Post by carbon outlaw »

well this is what I'm seeing a lot of ... " Unavailable Limited production " ... "Out of stock No Backorders " ... well I really think things will be better in 2021 ... Thanks ...

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

I've been the voice in the wilderness preaching for the last couple of years of stocking up on brass and components and yet here we are again at the same point as 2013-2016.

Powder Valley had seven bags of Win brass a couple of days ago.

War and poverty is coming. Be ready because we are only a spark away from it.
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

larrys

Post by larrys »

I was able to purchase 100 rounds of new Winchester 30-40 brass from Titan Reloading for $28/50rds. Now to find dies...
Larry

Whig

Post by Whig »

Lots of adequate dies available on ebay. Might be a good place to find what you need.

Most people are having trouble finding powder and primers. Good fortune to you if you have stocked up on these before the panic!

Also, lots of great posts on KCA about reloading for the Krag. Many of us have enjoyed this part of Krag collecting for many years.

Keep us informed. Good luck.

larrys

Post by larrys »

Just bid on a RCBS two die set. We'll see. Thanks Whig. Primers I got. Powder and projectiles, not so much. What powders and projectiles are recommended?
Larry