Powder??? Where's all the powder?

Ammunition, reloading, shooting, etc
Doubly Reincarnated

Re: Powder??? Where's all the powder?

Post by Doubly Reincarnated »

Since the "alternative payment" guys do not accept legal tender, are their fraudulent schemes illegal?

Whig

Post by Whig »

Is anything "fraudulent" legal? Scams are scams. Attempts to defraud people out of their money. Evidently, no one can stop it. Especially when it comes from another country. High Five to the wonders of the internet!

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Normally I go to Johnson's Sporting Goods in Adrian, Michigan... just SW of Tecumseh. They are a 100% shooting store, and usually have every powder known to man! There's always no shortage of helpful people working there. Well, even THEY had a very limited selection last weekend. I did manage to get some 200gr RN cerro-coated bullets sized at .309 that I want to try in my Krag to see if I can squeeze a hair more accuracy out of the ole girl. I'm told these bullets perform at or better than regular copper jacketed bullets and leave no trace of the coating in the barrel!

I'm going to try Guns Galore tomorrow. Butlersrangers suggested the same place to me also!

Capt. Frank

Post by Capt. Frank »

I agree that these sights appear legit, but notice, they say they have any powder you want, in any quantity, when no one else does. I have contacted them, they use wording which leads one to believe they are foreign. For instance: they will say "kindly do this", in this country we say "please do this". I certainly would not trust them!

Doubly Reincarnated

Post by Doubly Reincarnated »

If those sites have powder, primers, etc., when known & established suppliers do not, almost certainly a scam. If they cheat you out of dollars via credit cards (legal tender or a digital version thereof), they are criminals. But if they cheat you out of a bitcoin payment, are they technically criminals? If caught, could they be prosecuted in our legal system?

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

I went to Guns Galore on Saturday and got a pound of H4831 and a pound of Accurate 4064. Powder sure was slim pickins though...

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

I ordered some powder from Powder Valley also... more H4831 and a pound of Accurate 4350.

Myron

Post by Myron »

I have been watching, for about a year now, a Discord website that is a group of people that look out for components. If anyone sees anything, they post it to the board for everyone to enjoy.
Lately if a notification of LRP (large rifle primers) comes up everyone gets a notification on their phone and they race to buy them. I am looking for SPP (small pistol primers), when they come up available they sell out in about 2 minutes.

So the latest trick is to be logged into the website all day and have the 'wish list' loaded, and I have an app that checks that page for changes every 60 seconds, and if it changes I will get a notification.

I have found it interesting that people are getting creative with their loads. For example using small rifle primers in 9x19 handgun. They have been told the difference is the thickness in the primer cup.

Whig

Post by Whig »

Paul, Glad to hear Powder Valley worked out. I know added charges makes it expensive and they limit purchases but you got what you needed!

Myron, I can understand why that site sells so quickly. Everyone is scrambling and competing for powder and primers. Sad situation but today's reality. Hope you find some SPPs!

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

I'll be taking some powder and primer money to Camp Perry during the Nationals. There are usually a few different vendors selling powder, primers and loaded ammo on Vender's Row! I stocked up on CCI #34 primers a few years ago, and still have over a thousand left.