Camp Perry 2022

Ammunition, reloading, shooting, etc
psteinmayer

Camp Perry 2022

Post by psteinmayer »

Not to be confused with Culpeper's "Camp Perry 2020 time machine" :lol: :lol: :lol:

So My son and I will again be at Camp Perry this year! We are shooting Vintage (with my Krag as always) on Friday afternoon (Aug 5th). I welcome any Krag enthusiasts (or anyone else who wants to shoot beside us) to join!

Our full schedule is a bit crazy this year:
*M1 Carbine Match on Friday morning,
*Vintage Match on Friday afternoon,
*John C. Garand Match on Saturday morning,
*Modern Military Match on Saturday afternoon,
*Springfield Rifle Match (1903A3) on Sunday Morning,
*Vintage Sniper Match on Monday morning

Also, we'll be meeting for dinner Thursday evening

Hope to see many of my fellow Krag-sters this year!

madsenshooter

Re: Camp Perry 2022

Post by madsenshooter »

I won't be there. The only rifle I can still hold up through standing is the AR. I have the Garand shooting less that 1moa, but I skipped the state championship match last weekend cause I know I'd be beyond done if I managed to hold the 13lb bugger up through the 20 standing shots. The standing position comes first in ORPA matches! Hope you all get to shoot some on the Kongsburg targets. I really wanted to go, so I could pretend it was my little brother working in the pits. He went with me to the state match once back in the late 80s and helped pull targets. I hope you all do well and above all else, have a good time.

Whig

Post by Whig »

Good luck, Paul. I'm always rooting for you to make us Krag lovers proud at Camp Perry! Keep your powder dry!

oney

Post by oney »

Work schedule didn't work out for me this year so I won't be making the trek to Camp Perry for the games. I would appreciate some video of you shooting the Krag in the rapid fire portion of the Roosevelt Match. I would like to see your procedure and hopefully pick up a few pointers on how to do it. Thank you for your time and consideration. Hold hard and favor center!

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Have fun and good luck, Paul!

I'll be toughing it out aboard a Steam Boat on the Upper Mississippi.

Looking forward to your Camp Perry report!

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

butlersrangers wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:53 am Have fun and good luck, Paul!

I'll be toughing it out aboard a Steam Boat on the Upper Mississippi.

Looking forward to your Camp Perry report!
Thanks Chuck!
Last edited by psteinmayer on Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Leaving for Camp Perry in a couple days! Good luck to all who are shooting this year.
My schedule is as follows:

Friday morning on Viale - M1 Carbine Match
Friday afternoon on Viale - Vintage Rifle Match (shooting my Krag, my son is shooting the Arisaka)
Saturday morning on Viale - Garand Rifle Match
Saturday afternoon on Viale - Modern Military Match (shooting an AR)
Sunday morning on Viale - Springfield Rifle Match (shooting a 1903A3)
Monday morning on Rodriguez - Vintage Sniper Match (shooting a borrowed 1903A4)

Stop by and say hello if you see me!

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

oney wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:41 am Work schedule didn't work out for me this year so I won't be making the trek to Camp Perry for the games. I would appreciate some video of you shooting the Krag in the rapid fire portion of the Roosevelt Match. I would like to see your procedure and hopefully pick up a few pointers on how to do it. Thank you for your time and consideration. Hold hard and favor center!
There are a couple video clips on my YouTube channel showing me shooting a Krag in the Rapid Fire portion of a match. I'll drop a link... but it's really no big deal when using a charger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z80OJ_WhYZk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsxamg3J-uY

oney

Post by oney »

Outstanding. I could almost smell the spent powder!

Do you make the chargers, or can you supply info on who does. I have tried the scoop trick, but it leaves a lot of room for error. I was considering using a Russian Mosin stripper clip, but your charger looks more reliable.

Thanks for posting!

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

oney wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:54 pm Outstanding. I could almost smell the spent powder!

Do you make the chargers, or can you supply info on who does. I have tried the scoop trick, but it leaves a lot of room for error. I was considering using a Russian Mosin stripper clip, but your charger looks more reliable.

Thanks for posting!
Several people have tried using Mosin stripper clips, and a couple guys swear by em'... however, they are clumsy and if not in exactly the right position and angle, can result in a disastrous reload! The chargers are almost foolproof! It sits in the right position and with a little light thumb pressure, they simply fall right into place in the magazine well!

The chargers I use I made myself using a design by Parashooter. I used to make them for sale with Para's permission and sold a LOT of them. However, I no longer make them. The demand got to be more than I could handle... and with some major family/personal issues in 2020, it got to be too much.