Post upcomming gun shows and related events here

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Re: Gun Shows and events

Post by Ned Butts »

allegro
Best Gun Show in Colorado - The Collectors' Show in May
Post by allegro » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:41 am

May 2023 - The Colorado Gun Collectors' Association's annual show is a real gun show, one with guns.

what's good about this show is that all of the 1000 or so tables here contain guns or gun-related stuff, only. No jewelry or clothes or food or tools or coins. Or art, unless it's collectible art related to American history or by native Americans.

NO black guns. The show rules state that "if you can buy it at the average sporting goods store today - don't bring it!"

This show is not about selling tables - they sell out- it's about keeping alive the tradition of selling guns face-to-face. Colorado laws are generous regarding face-to-face sales of curio-relic guns. Internet gun selling is a curse. We deserve better and get it here. It's the only gun show worth attending in this state all year. The other Colorado shows are shameless flea-markets.

The location is Greeley, Colorado (which is not in the mountains) where hotels are cheap and the politics are pro-gun.

Here's a link to the show's website: https://cgca.com/

The following link gives you a multi-state gun show calendar: https://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/page/2/
Last edited by allegro on Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.

kenm

Re: Gun Shows and events - Baltimore

Post by kenm »

If you're anywhere near Baltimore, this is a show I never miss..

The Baltimore Antique Arms Show March 18-19, 2023

This show is hosted by the Maryland Arms Collectors Association on the third weekend of March annually, is considered to be the finest arms show of its kind. With over 1,000 tables of the finest in collectible rifles, revolvers (pre-1898), and sporting shotguns, the Baltimore Show attracts thousands of serious collectors from across the globe. It is considered the “must attend” event of the gun collector year.

Maryland State Fairgrounds Cow Palace
2200 York Road, Timonium, MD 21093

http://www.baltimoreshow.com/

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

Tom and I rarely miss tis one we hope to be there on Sat as usual again this year.

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

kenm
Baltimore Arms Show - this weekend
Post by kenm » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:36 am

If you're in the area, this is a very large show, with almost 1000 tables, and vendors/folks from everywhere.
(it's really antique firearms, no modern stuff)

Definitely worth checking out and if you see a guy with a Black Air Force ball cap (it's probably me, say hello).
If you're gonna be at the show let me know.

As with most large shows parking and food are at a premium. (but IMHO the show is worth it)

//////////////////////////////////////////
The 67th Annual Show
1000 sales tables, plus an exhibit area of cannons and other military-related items

March 18-19, 2023
$15 admission Saturday
$10 admission Sunday

Saturday 9am-5pm
Sunday 9am-3pm

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Unadilla NY Midstate Arms collectors show

Post by Ned Butts »

Any one in central NY/southern tier area check out this show. It is an indoor/outdoor (mostly outdoor) gun show and flea market. Flea market is usually mostly gun/outdoor related stuff. Fingers crossed for good weather.

kenm

Post by kenm »

Hey, it's that time again,

The Baltimore Antique Arms Show March 16-17, 2024

This show is hosted by the Maryland Arms Collectors Association typically on the third weekend of March every year, and is considered to be the finest arms show of its kind. With over 1,000 tables of the finest in collectible rifles, revolvers (pre-1898), and sporting shotguns, the Baltimore Show attracts thousands of serious collectors from across the globe. It is considered the “must attend” event for the arms collector in the northeast.

What would be a good day and time for a meetup?
Maybe "high noon" at the concession stand on Saturday or Sunday?

PS
Wild idea maybe next year.
Would anyone be interested in a table where members could sell their items, the club would get a small percentage donation.
Also since drinks are shall we say a bit expensive at the show, we could have a secret cooler with water/soda (members-only donations accepted)?

PPS
If I'm helping at a table I may be able to have a small personal cooler and can slide you a cold one (non-alcohol, unfortunately).
Will post here if that happens..

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Post by Ned Butts »

Looking forward to it! Tom and I are planning on being there on Sat and would be glad to meet up with any others that are there then.

kenm

Post by kenm »

Ned Butts wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:26 am Looking forward to it! Tom and I are planning on being there on Sat and would be glad to meet up with any others that are there then.
I'll be the guy with the Black USAF hat.. maybe see you guys at the concession stand?

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Looking forward to it on Saturday, also. I'll be bringing my M1902 bolo bayonet to show off and have folks drool over.
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio