WTS Krag Model 1898 SOLD

Buy, Sell, and Trade Krag Rifles and related accessories
Tom Butts
Site Admin

WTS Krag Model 1898 SOLD

Post by Tom Butts »

For sale are a Krag Model 1898 rifle, model 1898 bayonet, model 1899 scabbard, 3 piece cleaning rod and oiler. The rifle is in very good condition, 90% plus. No rust or pitting on metal surfaces above or below the stock. Bore is bright with strong rifling. Metal surfaces are very nice with an even patina. The rifle is fully operational and can shot a 2 group at 50 yards.
Stock is solid and has crisp cartouche and markings. It shows the normal wear and tear expected on a 110-year old rifle. Finish and color are even on all wood surfaces.
To my knowledge, everything is correct for this rifle. The SN, 406861, places this rifle into a 1902 production date. Stock has a JLA / 1902 cartouche and 1056 rack number on the left side. A P firing proof and 77 are stamped on lower wrist.
The rear sight is a correct model 1901 and the middle barrel band has a U mark.
The model 1898 bayonet is in almost mint condition and appears unissued. It is stamped US and 1900. The blade is in bright, has absolutely no discoloration and the true edge has never been sharped. The only marks are from being slide in and out of the scabbard. The wood handles are perfect and show original tooling marks. The pommel and guard are showing a little bit of patina. The locking mechanism works freely. The model 1899 scabbard is in good condition. The bluing is very faded and a small dent is on the front side.
I am asking $1100 + $25.00 shipping to your FFL for the entire package. Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.
For addition information, follow this link to my Photobucket account for an in-depth photo presentation.
http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r159/artdouville/Krag%20Model%201898/

Art Douville

artdouville@tds.net