Early Krags

Historical threads originally posted to the 'Krag Forum' board
Whig

Re: Early Krags

Post by Whig »

I'm not sure what you are getting at but one of the huge disadvantages I have found in trying to research military rifles and Krags in particular is that most sites I go to have deleted old posted pictures which makes my research difficult. I love reviewing old posts here and elsewhere but cannot do that without pictures being saved and able to be viewed later.

This "advantage" at KCA seems to be a "dis-advantage" to you.

I just disagree.

After having said this, can we see pictures of your old Krag rifles? Or are they figments of someone's imagination? I don't know because I can't see anything from the old posts.

Thanks anyway!

Tom Butts
Site Admin

Post by Tom Butts »

I'm sorry, I just don't understand why a person would feel the need to delete their photos after being posted. If they are part of an informational posting, that posting loses it's relevance if the photos are deleted. For that reason, I feel it makes sense to keep any photos with their original posts.

If there is reasoning that I am missing or don't understand, please let me those reasons.

Best regards,
Tom

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

I don't know for sure, but, maybe the OP's point was that editing should be possible beyond 24 hours?

I don't understand posting pictures briefly to "share" and then removing them?

What attracts me to the KCA Forum is the generous sharing of information. I like that most members post pictures that remain a part of the thread .... and it's cool to see people's feet!Image

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

I used to be able to access my photos, all of them I've posted, but I've either forgotten how or just can't. I had thought to go back and reduce some of them to save space, but gave up looking for the way.

FredC

Post by FredC »

Maybe he is worried about Bernie being elected and coming for his genuine military grade krags. It makes me laugh when ARs are called military grade.

Verlo

Post by Verlo »

I like the photos here, really nice

Whig

Post by Whig »

They're the greatest!

ImageImage

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

No feet or fins? Whig, you must be able to levitate!

I took the liberty of cropping your carbine photo. The leaf and weed were distracting me from seeing your beautiful Krag.

I also 'flipped it' to see the other side.

Dang, Whig! You got some nice toys.Image