Krag Collectors Forum - Welcome!

Historical threads originally posted to the 'Krag Forum' board
Forum Admin

Krag Collectors Forum - Welcome!

Post by Forum Admin »

Welcome to the Krag Collectors Association Forum! This forum is is designed for anyone with an interest in the Krag Rifle. If you have any questions/suggestions feel free to contact the KCA Forum Admin. Enjoy!

Current registered Krag Collectors Association Members:
[list][*]when registering with the KCA Forum please message the KCA Forum Admin with your name and email address so special member privelages can be enabled.

[*]if you would like to become a registered KCA member please click the link below:
If you are interested in becoming a KCA Member please click the link below and navigate to the 'Membership Information' page:
http://www.kragcollectorsassociation.org
[/list]
[glb]Enjoy![/glb]
-Admin

mikeallen

Re: Krag Collectors Forum - Welcome!

Post by mikeallen »

Good Morning,

I have just joined and thank you for this new forum for the Krag rifle. Information here in Aussie is limited and I hope to spread the word on hte Krag on a new web page in the next few months.

Hope to hear from you all soon

My email is mikeallen65@hotmail.com

Martin Wagner

Post by Martin Wagner »

For those of you that have an interest in the Spanish American War other than Krags you must go to this web site. It is the BEST on the web.

http://www.spanamwar.com

Good hunting.

Tom_Reese

Post by Tom_Reese »

Good to hear from you again, Martin!

Frank Earley

Post by Frank Earley »

Hello,Everyone
I just found this place,and I like it.
I'll be back.
Frank

Frank Earley

Post by Frank Earley »

Tom,
The exact same problem occurrs.
When I logon,my name is accepted,and is displayed on the screen.
But,when I reply to a post,the screen displays me as a "guest".
My subsequent input is answered with the same "another person has that name"display.
Frank

Jim Miller

Post by Jim Miller »

[glb]Greetings:[/glb]

- [hr] -

A gun dealer near me has an 1898 Springfield Krag rifle No. 369246, "JLR" stock cartouche, asking $629, but he is willing to swop and dicker. The rifle in my non-expert opinion is neither "bad" nor "good". The rear bolt (safety?) is delaminating but can be replaced. There is general less worse surface corrossion all over the outside; it is not red rust correction. It's seeming corrossion, is like long smashed strands of blue rice. Is this rifle worth collecting at all? If so, is the price too high?
Jim

warriorbear

Post by warriorbear »

I have an 1898 Krag rifle that I have been shooting. I am concerned at how quickly the barrell heats up. After only about 10 rounds it is quite hot and a few more makes it too hot to touch. Is this normal or is it the loads that I am using? I am shooting Sierra 168 grain boat tail hollow points with 44 grains of IMR 4831. I am going to switch to 220 round nose bullets but I have just now found a souce for them.

stinson10a

Post by stinson10a »

Just got back from the range firing the Krag, mine also gets hot, fired a box, really gets warm.

warriorbear

Post by warriorbear »

I guess I'll stop worrying about it but any soldier that used one in a hot firefight must have worn asbestos gloves.