Building rear sight

U.S. Military Krags
geofois

Re: Building rear sight

Post by geofois »

Yes that's exactly what I was thinking. I was just more curious if other parts had variants. The rear sight and barrel would be the Carbine specific parts I imagine. I planning on shooting the cr%$ out of it since it's not a collector's rifle. Years from now I can always get a Criterion 22" barrel if I wear it out. Then it would be an actual Carbine barrel and I'm sure get a true front sight vs the chopped one or whatever it is.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

IMHO - Enjoy your Krag for what it is, or sell it, and buy what you really want.

geofois

Post by geofois »

That's the general idea which is why I plan on shooting the cr%$ out of it and the problem seeing how I keep buying more rifles hehehe. It's shoots lights out. I took it to the range with 168g hpbt and shot a 1 moa group with 3 shoots. Every bit as accurate as my scoped 1903a3. Super fun gun. I'm going to slow down the velocity since it's meant for more like 2000 fps and I had to drop the rear site all the way down and I was probably an inch high still but the group was nice and I was able to adjust with my eyes and bullseye anyways.