Krag bolt interchangeability

U.S. Military Krags
Zac952

Re: Krag bolt interchangeability

Post by Zac952 »

Fred, those tong tools are sure cool, I have wanted one in 44 special mainly just as I had never even heard of one until reading Elmer Kieths Sixgun cartridges and loads, his earlier book from 1938. Also I am not sure if those pressure relief holes are normal on RCBS but my Lee's have them, I was talking with a coworker today and he said he had a Krag and he reloads for it, I went over there with a few Graf cases and resized them in his LEE die and when I got home they chambered in both my Krags just fine, I confirmed they still wouldn't chamber before. So the combination of bad dies and long brass is confirmed on my end also.

Parashooter

Post by Parashooter »

FredC wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:54 amParashooter, Zac's die had a small pressure relief hole drilled cross wise through the die adjacent to the shoulder body intersection. Is that common? . . .
Standard in most brands. Vents excess sizing lube.

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

Awful lot of discussion to fix something I liked. I got some BCC brass from Grafs and was pleased to find it long in the shoulder, in one rifle in particular. Probably made by the same company that make Graf's 30-40. I took the innards out of the bolt and used the bolt body to finish size them to that rifle. I know it is my tightest chambered one, so I know they'll fit the rest of my rifles.