New Purchase - Rusted Barrel

U.S. Military Krags
butlersrangers

Re: New Purchase - Rusted Barrel

Post by butlersrangers »

I tried to locate an old thread on the KCA Forum that had some good discussion, hints and photos, to assist 'reinstalling a Krag trigger'.

I could find the thread title, but, there is some fatal error that prevents it being viewed.

Bummer ... it could help posterity!

FredC

Post by FredC »

BR,
I just tried to find my old Sporterizing Howto and could not find it. So these old threads have gone to the same place. For meaness i tried a Yahoo search and found part of the old thread in an archive. Photos were not there and thread was not complete. Last time i asked one of the Buts about it the old thread are still archived but they have not been able to make them fully accessible.

"sporterizing howto kca forum" This got me to the old partially archived thread in Yahoo.com search. Maybe you can at least find traces of it that way. Possibly you did not type it in exactly and were trying to find the wrong one and the later one is still available.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

I had to google search 'Krag trigger install' to find old KCA content on the internet.

Local Boy had a good install method using a wrench that he altered for a lever.

I had a similar method using a drill-shank as a 'slave-pin' and an '03 tool as a lever to compress the sear-spring.

Local Boy made the observation that orienting the sear-spring, to take advantage of the bevel on its end, made it a lot easier to catch the compressed spring on the rear-edge of the receiver and push parts into position.
Attachments
trigger-Local Boy.jpg
trigger-Local Boy.jpg (161.13 KiB) Viewed 600 times
IMG_9738.jpg
IMG_9738.jpg (105.66 KiB) Viewed 600 times
IMG_9746.jpg
IMG_9746.jpg (85.96 KiB) Viewed 600 times