Gunbroker auction - 96 carbine

U.S. Military Krags
Lead Snowstorm

Gunbroker auction - 96 carbine

Post by Lead Snowstorm »

Was following this auction with some interest, but not as a bidder: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/911348238

Looks like a pretty honest specimen at first blush, but the plot thickens - 78732 is an SRS hit in the first volume…as a 96 rifle…! Albeit, the VAST majority of nearby hits are 96 carbines.

Put-together carbine? Typo in the SRS database? Misread serial? Either way, assuming the parts themselves pass muster, not a bad price.

Curious to hear y’all’s thoughts.

Zac952

Re: Gunbroker auction - 96 carbine

Post by Zac952 »

I was also following this auction although not as a bidder, what I took notice of was the crack at the tang in the stock, the crack just behind the magazine extending to the bolt handle cut out, the repairs in the stock seemed post military and the bore had what I consider significant erosion with a reading at 3.2, now as for the authenticity I saw nothing that screamed out fake. I'm also not as much of an expert in that, but considering condition I thought a fair price was around $900 to $1000, but then again it's hard to price things nowadays. That's my unexpert opinion