New member looking to learn

U.S. Military Krags
KSGarms

Re: New member looking to learn

Post by KSGarms »

I got to remove the blue nail polish? That's news to me. ;)

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

I think 'Knute' was just making a suggestion from experience.

It's up to you guys .... whatever floats yer boat!

Personally, wearing socks with sandals is as flamboyant as I get.
The only time I use nail-polish is to improve the visibility of a front-sight blade.

FredC

Post by FredC »

KSGarms wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:01 pm I got to remove the blue nail polish? That's news to me. ;)
So, it was not hot pink on the toenails? I guess BR's comment was what he applied to his front sights. I get confused easily when colors are discussed.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Your confusion is understandable 'Fred'.
Anything, involving Krags and Feet, is pretty exciting stuff!

A little test for you FredC, can you find the Krag in this Hunter Biden painting?
Attachments
color blind Krag test.jpg
color blind Krag test.jpg (179.45 KiB) Viewed 871 times

FredC

Post by FredC »

If I get real close to the screen, I can make out the hand guard and sight, So, what do I win for passing the test?

When I got the results of that online CB test, it diagnosed me as extreme and said that the new fangled color correcting glasses probably would do nothing for as I was too far gone. It also told me I thought peanut butter was green and I see traffic light green lights as white. Guilty on both counts. The secretary asked how i could eat green peanut butter, the very first jar I saw was green as well as the last have been all the same. If I ever picked up a jar with brown peanut butter, I would put it back as spoiled.
On traffic lights I had always wondered why they called them green lights. Never dawned on me that they were really green. These battery chargers with LEDs that change colors to indicate battery charging progress do not tell me anything. You get used to what life deals you.

KSGarms

Post by KSGarms »

FredC wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:13 pm If I get real close to the screen, I can make out the hand guard and sight, So, what do I win for passing the test?

When I got the results of that online CB test, it diagnosed me as extreme and said that the new fangled color correcting glasses probably would do nothing for as I was too far gone. It also told me I thought peanut butter was green and I see traffic light green lights as white. Guilty on both counts. The secretary asked how i could eat green peanut butter, the very first jar I saw was green as well as the last have been all the same. If I ever picked up a jar with brown peanut butter, I would put it back as spoiled.
On traffic lights I had always wondered why they called them green lights. Never dawned on me that they were really green. These battery chargers with LEDs that change colors to indicate battery charging progress do not tell me anything. You get used to what life deals you.
Side tracking here, but you triggered a memory from high school and the first time I met someone who was totally color blind, and then some.

For some reason the freshman wood shop class was in the same building as the senior marine engine class for the last class of the day. We were always cleaned up and ready for that last bell to dismiss us for the day. The seniors were actually nice to us freshmen. One guy, Steve, was an amazing artist and could draw better than anyone I knew. So I was always looking to see what he was working on. One day he was coloring his latest drawing and occasionally asking someone to pass him the blue marker, or green marker.... That's when he admitted to me that he was color blind way beyond the standard red/green colors. I didn't believe him and started to make my way to the door to get out of the building as the bell rang.

He comes running up to us asking which one was the light green marker. I questioned him by asking if he was serious? He said he didn't have time for my nonsense and to point out which one was light green. I was confused beyond belief by this point. Here is a senior in highschool asking me to point out which marker was light green. I finally gave in and pulled the marker that read 'light green' and handed it to him.

He couldn't read!