Board of Ordance and Fortifications Rifle ????

U.S. Military Krags
03collector

Re: Board of Ordance and Fortifications Rifle ????

Post by 03collector »

I don't want to hijack someone else's post, but as long as we are talking BO&F rifles. I am on my way home from the Bill Rutter auction. WOW what an auction pulled the trigger and bought the best of 2 BO&F rifles. It was not cheap but seeing how my 401k is tanking. I might as well buy something i can hold i forgot to mention it came with the bayonet stamped 26.
This rifle is in Mallory's book and was viewed by Tom Pierce.

WAGON

Post by WAGON »

Congrat's ! You have history in your hand's that you can admire ( don't look at 401 number's) it depresses you ! I was not aware of the auction till late today it look's like the 1922's and the 1903 nm's were bought right. If I had know about it I would like to have attended it was about an hour from here. When you get time tell us about rifle you are new caretaker of ! Congrat's !!!

WAGON

Post by WAGON »

Good evening Back on 05/04 when I had first posted the BoOF rifle I found Dick Hosmer had asked where it had been last 20 years. I did the OGCA show this weekend and met Tom Pearce who had a table also. I talked to gentleman I purchased it from Mr Phillip Filardo from Savannah GA He had purchased it out of collection of James Garber of Monte Sereno CA. If I remember correctly one of the members had said it was in a collection in CA. I did not ask a lot of details so far as the circumstances of the purchase---I was just glad to know who had cared for it. Mr Filardo always has high quality items he told me he had it to a few shows and all he knew was it was special he told people it was a fortification gun but had not had much interest in it. Everyone is running around looking for plastic gun's I guess. I have name's and all e-mails and catalog in a file that will forever be her history ! Thanks guys

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Your BoOF rifle went to the right home!

WAGON

Post by WAGON »

Thank you !