AN AMAZING FIVE WEEK'S BoOF Rifle's

U.S. Military Krags
WAGON

AN AMAZING FIVE WEEK'S BoOF Rifle's

Post by WAGON »

A very amazing five week's thanks to member's of KRA ! On May 1st I posted about a what turned out to be a special part of history. You guys took over and within day's I learned (still am) about this rifle and it's history. It has spurred an interest in me for Krag rifle's. Thanks to auction catalog picture's posted by 03 Collector ( who has a beautiful BoOF rifle AND bayonet) I knew about catalog of Mr Pence's collection and also a bayonet that had gotten separated from rifle by auction house. I called auction house and they stated they had NO records prior to 2009. About middle of May I started looking for book's on Krag's and looking at bayonet's on various site's. There was a page by Frank Trzaska on bayonets and I messaged him. He had e-mail for Mr. Hartman who had written the book on the Krag bayonets. I contacted him and we talked, he recommended Doug Rainbow of NY and KRA advised me that he had passed away last year. A few day's before Memorial Day I was on John Spangler's oldgun's.net ( found out he was one of KRA founding member's and later also a member of OGCA ) and he had a copy of auction catalog listed under book's. I sent him a message and he replied it was out in warehouse and he would see if he could locate. About a week later he messaged me he found it, and sorry about delay and would mail it to me with an invoice ( not many people left that operate like that ). I sent my address and then sent a second message asking him to look at the two lot numbers and asking if he might know someone I could talk to. About an hour later I got a message that he might have bought that group of bayonet's, he had to check. A short time later I got message that my search was over, the bayonet was with his BoOF rifle but not for sale. Needless to say just locating it and knowing it has a good caretaker is fantastic----a million to one shot for an auction that occurred 20 years ago ! I told him if he ever wanted to sell it I would like to reunite rifle and bayonet, but just knowing is great !!!! THANK'S to all Your knowledge is fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!

Duke52

Re: AN AMAZING FIVE WEEK'S BoOF Rifle's

Post by Duke52 »

Your persistence paid off. Great investigative work!

Whig

Re: AN AMAZING FIVE WEEK'S BoOF Rifle's

Post by Whig »

Thanks for sharing. Nice to know that there are lots of good people to help each other out around!